Livi v Airdrie

Massive game for both teams, and a chance for us to go 10 points clear of 2nd place.

Great news that Andy Ryan is suspended, he's the only Airdrie player that has scored against us this season. Our biggest problem is having 3 in form strikers all looking for a start, great problem to have. Would have to start Carrick though and i'd drop Knox for Buchanan and leave Mullen as an impact sub for the last 30 mins or so.

Byrne and Pittman are both doing well and the keeper & defence take care of themselves, so prob leaves De Vita and one of Cadden/Mullen as the other starts.

Kelly

Halkett                   Lithgow             Crighton                  Longridge

Mullin                    Byrne                  Pittman                De Vita

Buchanan             Carrick

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Ryan missing doesn't help, however i expect a reaction from a previous poor performance. Our midfield does have the potential to boss the midfield. Rumours are and it has been confirmed by reliable source linked to the club we will be signing two new players however those two signings may not be untill January. If airdrie are at their best we are capable of winning this game. Mark Wilson i am confident will have us well organised and i expect a much improved performance this saturday.  I am going to go for 1 each with airdrie scoring the first goal.

Obviously I want us to win, I feel we are the better of the two teams and I hate to make bold predictions but I think we will win, we seem to really raise our game against our main challengers for the league, but a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world, would keep us comfortably clear at the top. 

Hoppy must be having headaches already trying to decide what team to put out, it's a great headache to have though. 

As LF says, it's between Buchanan, Carrick and Mullen and I'd be going Buchanan and Carrick.

I don't think he'll drop De vita so it's basically one of Nicky Cadden who has found a good bit form again after a slump or Josh Mullin, I tend to think we will go with Cadden because Mullin played nearly the entire game on Tuesday and Cadden got on for the last 10 minutes. 

Beware of the wounded, Airdrie will come and make it difficult, they'll want to make up for the hammering they got last week, but we've shown already this season that we can break them down, it's whether our defence can keep them out at the other end. 

1 hour ago, Cooper81 said:

Andy Ryan missing doesn't help, however i expect a reaction from a previous poor performance. Our midfield does have the potential to boss the midfield. Rumours are and it has been confirmed by reliable source linked to the club we will be signing two new players however those two signings may not be untill January. If airdrie are at their best we are capable of winning this game. Mark Wilson i am confident will have us well organised and i expect a much improved performance this saturday.  I am going to go for 1 each with airdrie scoring the first goal.

Yay :) confirmed rumours.

Read in the Record that he got a red card in the tunnel, yeah i know, 'the Record'. Haven't seen anything from official sources though. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/i-apologise-fans-who-came-9450425

I especially liked the line about Andy Ryan "reeking havoc". The performance overall may have been stinking but that's taking it too far.

Remedial English class required for the author before I go on to wreak havoc.

17 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I especially liked the line about Andy Ryan "reeking havoc". The performance overall may have been stinking but that's taking it too far.

Remedial English class required for the author before I go on to wreak havoc.

Pretty awful coverage wasn't it?  "Goalmouth scramble"?  Everyone would have bugged advertiser's CP into asking clarification of the suspension.

Looks like we'll probably go into the game with a back four of Stewart, McIntosh, Gorman and McDonald.

Wonder if we could go with a five man back four with Gorman sweeping behind McIntosh and AN Other (maybe Cairns?) using McDonald and Stewart as wingbacks?  Hutton and Conroy CM with Leitch and Brown supporting Russell?   Not sure Cairns is up to it tbh,  Livi's strikers are experienced and could potentially rip him a new one...

Didn't think we'd be going into this game 7 points ahead of Airdrie as I expected them to beat Stenny and at best I thought we'd be 4 points ahead, so anything from this game would be a bonus on what my expectations were. Even getting our first draw of the season would be fine.

With Ryan out for Airdrie though, and Carrick, Buchanan & Rafa banging in the goals, plus Mullen coming back in for this game i'd think we should get another win here. Cadden and Mullin are in fine form with assists too.

How many of the 7 or so penalties has Beany actually been awarded, don't think any of the QP ones was his, he just takes them. Bugger tried for one against us in our cup game right enough, it was so blatant the ref didn't even pause for a  second to think about it.

I never like to see opposition fans basically say they have very little chance in a game, makes me nervous. 

Im expecting a tough game no matter what team Airdrie can put onto the pitch, theyll be motivated to prove a point after the Stenny defeat. 

Our fans are an impatient bunch, if things aren't going great and we are struggling to break the deadlock I can see it being a difficult afternoon. 

It's a difficult place to go at the best of times. I'm sure Mark Wilson will have a plan, yes were missing two players via suspension Ryan being the most noticeable, nobody gave us a chance when we went to alloa and won, Saturday will be a difficult game, just got to wait and see what happens.

55 minutes ago, goodwin said:

See Ryan has been taking lessons from mr lippy Russell and gets a red card for stupidity. Thanks Andy

Would rather a player had a bit of passion for the team and spoke their mind, obviously upset at the result and not happy with the quality of refereeing. Don't think I seen a lot in the match thread about the referee having an outstanding game. But hey we could always go back to the days where they just don't give a f*ck and just collect there money without having to even try very hard.   In actual fact  I think it is a good thing that he is banned, we don't stand much chance of winning this game anyway and will highlight to the chairman just how dire our squad depth is when you take out 1 centre back and our main striker.

Archived