Smoking

Cosmic Joe

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2017 at 14:25, BuddieInDundee said:

Don't particularly miss them, been puffing on the e-cigarette if I'm craving but try not to make a habit of it as I feel like a bit of a knob doing it (yes, as much as I did smoking real cigarettes).

That's what I'm on now and I love it. I particularly love getting new liquids and trying all the different flavours, but I feel like a right p***k. 

I didn't even intend on quitting either. I started smoking late at around 20 but I loved it. Last year I turned 30 and my mate posted a rather comical card through my door a few days before my birthday. Inside the card there was a wee bag of grass and a note reading "you always said you would quit when you turned 30, but you didn't say anything about this". I had forgotten all about the 30 remark, but I thought I would go for it. I got patches and they worked a treat. I was off them for around a month but I wasn't enjoying it. I always enjoyed having a fag. I was never the type of person that would light a fag and go "I need to chuck this", so I went out and bought myself one. Cracking wee decision. 

I've been off them now for around 5 months and only had 1 fag. It was during a night out and my battery ran out. The guy I was out with smokes so I would go out with him whenever he went. I refused the first 4 or 5 times but I was getting a craving so I took one. I enjoyed it but the taste wasn't so great and it hasn't crossed my mind to have one since. 

What I have noticed though is I'm properly chugging away at my fake fag. I don't mind spending the money on the liquids because I do get enjoyment out of it, but I'm just worried I'm relying far too much on this thing. 

I still love the smell of the real thing. Walking past someone who's smoking... lovely. 

That's what I'm on now and I love it. I particularly love getting new liquids and trying all the different flavours, but I feel like a right p***k. 
I didn't even intend on quitting either. I started smoking late at around 20 but I loved it. Last year I turned 30 and my mate posted a rather comical card through my door a few days before my birthday. Inside the card there was a wee bag of grass and a note reading "you always said you would quit when you turned 30, but you didn't say anything about this". I had forgotten all about the 30 remark, but I thought I would go for it. I got patches and they worked a treat. I was off them for around a month but I wasn't enjoying it. I always enjoyed having a fag. I was never the type of person that would light a fag and go "I need to chuck this", so I went out and bought myself one. Cracking wee decision. 
I've been off them now for around 5 months and only had 1 fag. It was during a night out and my battery ran out. The guy I was out with smokes so I would go out with him whenever he went. I refused the first 4 or 5 times but I was getting a craving so I took one. I enjoyed it but the taste wasn't so great and it hasn't crossed my mind to have one since. 
What I have noticed though is I'm properly chugging away at my fake fag. I don't mind spending the money on the liquids because I do get enjoyment out of it, but I'm just worried I'm relying far too much on this thing. 
I still love the smell of the real thing. Walking past someone who's smoking... lovely. 

Well done mate, keep it up. Even if the health benefits don't bother you, it makes one hell of a difference to your bank account eh!

Had the same situation with the e-cigarette running out of battery. Had a fag and after two draws I violently spewed all over Ashton Lane, absolutely disgusting.

Thankfully it was a quiet Wednesday night so no one saw me apart from my pals!

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back. I had a cigarette on a night out a couple of weeks ago, but didn't enjoy it. Really can't see myself ever going back on the fags, just too expensive more than anything!

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back. I had a cigarette on a night out a couple of weeks ago, but didn't enjoy it. Really can't see myself ever going back on the fags, just too expensive more than anything!

Aye the cost of it is insane

60e524c0e29b0c5f4632302ecfc577ab.jpg

Three fucking thousand pounds [emoji30]

Aye the cost of it is insane

60e524c0e29b0c5f4632302ecfc577ab.jpg

Three fucking thousand pounds [emoji30]

I would like to say that I gave up for health benefits, but I genuinely enjoyed smoking, I just couldn't afford it anymore!

On 3/8/2017 at 00:35, Toma_BullyWee said:

I've been off them now for around 5 months and only had 1 fag. 

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back.

Good luck, you two...I'm now in to my 43rd year of smoking and wish tae f**k I could stop so always admire those with fortitude.

I would like to say that I gave up for health benefits, but I genuinely enjoyed smoking, I just couldn't afford it anymore!

What sort of a world is it we live in that a poor guy in his 20's can't even afford a recreational activity that will more than likely kill him from cancer? My heart bleeds.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good luck, you two...I'm now in to my 43rd year of smoking and wish tae f**k I could stop so always admire those with fortitude.

No point in stopping now, the damage is already done, you might as well enjoy it.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I gave up about 42 years ago, really glad I did.  It wasn't a cost thing really as the relative costs are nothing compared to these days.  

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No point in stopping now, the damage is already done, you might as well enjoy it.

You're a happy optimist today, Welshy ;)

I was talking to my 16 yo about smoking last night.  His view is that none of his male friends smoke (and I can believe that having met many of them and most are rugby players) but the lassies do.  How recent a phenomenon is this?

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I gave up about 42 years ago, really glad I did.  It wasn't a cost thing really as the relative costs are nothing compared to these days.  

Well yes.  I'm younger than you ;) but can remember getting 3 pints of Tartan Special and 20 Embassy No 3 for £1.

What sort of a world is it we live in that a poor guy in his 20's can't even afford a recreational activity that will more than likely kill him from cancer? My heart bleeds.

Who took the jam out of your doughnut, Throbber?!

Who took the jam out of your doughnut, Throbber?!

Haha it was just the way your post came across at first glance, as if you couldn't afford to peruse a fond hobby of yours so you had to give it up!

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well yes.  I'm younger than you ;) but can remember getting 3 pints of Tartan Special and 20 Embassy No 3 for £1.

Used to smoke these. They were about the size of three matchsticks rolled together.

7743f3714360939ba6be4ba5e5935bfa.jpg

I think that was the point we were trying to make; it is indeed a stupidly expensive thing to do.