Smoking

Cosmic Joe

1 minute ago, Njord said:

^^^ learn to drive you livi mink. Bobby, cheers for actual reply. Point is, it is harder to go low tar now. I'm the opposite, but that is irrelevant.

Have you tried to kick it? Perhaps lowering the tar might make it easier? 

I don't know if that makes a difference to the actually hit but sooner or later, smoking is going to die out. 

21 minutes ago, Njord said:

^^^ learn to drive you livi mink. Bobby, cheers for actual reply. Point is, it is harder to go low tar now. I'm the opposite, but that is irrelevant.

I wish I could have the money to buy a car as I've passed my test. Car goes to a the children's mum tho :) 

20 minutes ago, Jordan Rode said:

:lol: for a 2 hour bus journey there and back I dinny think so.  The fag smoking c**t should buy one with an ashtray

Fair point mate however the fag smoker probably cant afford a bike with the price of fags.

The amount of folk vaping now is mental.

Awhere.

It does pain me to be a part of the band, better than he alternative.

Overheard a classic f**k boy in the shop saying to his mate "Man, beginning to think I, y'know, need to give up the vaping?"

Jesus wept.

It does pain me to be a part of the band, better than he alternative.

Overheard a classic f**k boy in the shop saying to his mate "Man, beginning to think I, y'know, need to give up the vaping?"

Jesus wept.

At Uni on a Tuesday there's barely anyone actually smoking cigarettes.

Funny as f**k walking past the smoking area and getting hit with the smell of bubblegum and mixed berries instead of smoke.

On 15/12/2016 at 08:27, ICTJohnboy said:

Try reading this :

http://smokersblog.org/2010/10/common-quitting-smoking-side-effects/

I was a 60 a day guy and can relate to all the side effects mentioned there. You just need to persevere with it and keep on telling yourself that soon, you will start to feel great. You also need to keep reminding yourself how much money you will save.

Anyone else got any advice for someone trying to pack it in? 

I smoked around 20 a day plus during most of my working life, helped I suppose by the fact that a large part was spent overseas where I had access to duty free. After I retired I continued to smoke until I had a TIA on a visit to family in Australia ( woke up on a pavement in the parking lot). This finally encouraged me to quit but what helped was buying one pack of twenties, a small pack of cheroots and a lighter which I had on me always. I always knew that if I need a cigarette or smoke I could do it any time and never needed to go shopping for a fag which was half the battle. I still have the original cellophane wrapped packets but have not smoked now for fifteen years. I remain in good health and relatively undemented in spite of my team's sudden rush to oblivion. I have noted however that the desire for a fag never quite leaves you.

Edited by Blue Brazil Forever
errors

I gave up smoking just over a year ago. I used the nicotine gum, which really helped. It still took me 6 months to finish with the gum. Now, I have to have normal chewing gum around as I'm kind of hooked on that. I wake up in the morning and one of the first things I have to do is have a piece of Wrigley's spearmint. The thought of having a smoke turns my guts now. I'm more than happy to be hooked on a forty pack of Wrigley's than a forty pack of Dunhills. 

8 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

what helped was buying one pack of twenties, a small pack of cheroots and a lighter which I had on me always. I always knew that if I need a cigarette or smoke I could do it any time and never needed to go shopping for a fag which was half the battle. I still have the original cellophane wrapped packets but have not smoked now for fifteen years. 

I moved on to tobacco before I chucked it and I still have the last pack I bought. I think I smoked 2 or 3 out of it then put it away in a drawer. I still have all my lighters and skins and my ashtray. A few people said they thought it was strange but it's so much easier knowing if I really wanted to, or if I felt desperate for a smoke I could have one right away. 

It's a mental thing, but it certainly helps. 

I got rid of all my tobacco. There may still be a lighter/matches lying around somewhere so that we can light the fire. If I ever feel the need to smoke I'm going to have to jump in the car and drive to the nearest shop, by which time the urge should have passed.

Anyway, I'm in that bad a shape without smoking that I don't feel the need to die any quicker.

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

At Uni on a Tuesday there's barely anyone actually smoking cigarettes.

Funny as f**k walking past the smoking area and getting hit with the smell of bubblegum and mixed berries instead of smoke.

That's fucking shocking, back in my day you were guaranteed to have at least one lung full of toxic, stinking fumes whilst getting to class.

Its pyoor helf and saftey gawn mad

On 12/03/2017 at 15:57, Adam said:

I quit smoking five weeks ago. I've used the patches and the lozenges and I've never looked back. I had a cigarette on a night out a couple of weeks ago, but didn't enjoy it. Really can't see myself ever going back on the fags, just too expensive more than anything!

Well, according to my calendar in work I quit five weeks ago today.  Went to the chemist last night to do my non-smoking class thing and breathe into the little machine.  Scored a one, which is apparently what a non-smoker would get.  I was an eight when I first went, so pretty chuffed.  

Not had a patch on in over two weeks, just occasionally using the nicotine mints when the urge comes.

On 13/03/2017 at 22:23, BuddieInDundee said:

That's fucking shocking, back in my day you were guaranteed to have at least one lung full of toxic, stinking fumes whilst getting to class.

But you were used to it by the time you moved up to Primary 2, I suppose?

I think scrapping 10 decks will curb early smokers to be honest. But I've never really smoked so cannot comment on how limiting the tar will affect the everyday smoker. 
My Dad smoked until he had a heart attack so I'm used to being about it, I understand people who can't kick it but I think it's a dying* hobby.
*no pun intended. 

You think young people now aren't so much in to smoking?