Brechin v Stranraer

2 hours ago, underpar said:

We badly need a win here to stop the recent rot. Any word on any of the injured possibly on the way back ?

Jacko nope, Dale nope .   Oneill nope.  Rodger prob nope.  Love , back but hobbling  Not sure about Pabs. 

Ford out for 2 games more than likely .  

Things are just great at the moment. 

Still short on numbers another tuff game but we really need a win guessing pabs must be fit to play as there is no mention of him in the preview which is a bit of a boost looks like it will be McCormack in for Rodgers Which isn't a bad thing and that waste of space cladwell up front with Jacko still out. Just Hope we don't repeat last week's performance (man I'm starting to sound like diehard [emoji21])

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Seemingly signed a young striker from Aberdeen on loan.  Hope he's better than Buchanan

Bit harsh on the young lad you ll have ruined his career....But ye we re needing someone in to create an Isaac or Wighton effect on the team ... Just to lift everyone's spirits ... As for Caldwell he ll prob have a stormer :lol:.....Pabs ll be a big plus and MacCormack plays away... Plus there's Fusco get him in centre midfield doin the dirty work ... Team sorted we re a banker to win ...............well maybe

Excellent effort today with a well deserved win ...Could nt believe we ve lost another 2 players in first half but it galvanised players ... 2 cracking goals no failures in red shirts Fusco,  Trouts Ally Love all playing out of they re skins but special mention to young Mclennan what a debut and what a goal ... He was shattered at the end ...Ref let Stranraer off with a couple pen shouts against them but hey ho .... Only damper on day is needless bookings by Love n Graham ...Well played lads 

8 minutes ago, slangs said:

Needless bookings ?sometimes u take one for the team no damper 4 me. As for Trouts it's not happened yet this season.hard work is a give it's what else u do that shud b applauded

So, what actually happened? (If you could post in English that would be appreciated). 

Once again a reminder that we must be looking to change the manager if we have any ambition to stay in this league, we have a really good bunch of players with experience and skill but NO teamwork,togetherness or will to win , this for me all comes from the dressing room . Can't believe we might be rock bottom at Xmas for the second season on the trot, Reid has a shocking track record and how we are sticking by him I'll never know, last season was very poor , after scrapping into the play offs he failed again by being unable to beat a very very poor Ayr, with the same lack of team spirit , it's fairly obvious the players can't/won't play for him.

we all know how difficult it is to get players to join us with the travel distance etc , believe me this will increase if we remain at the bottom end of the table and will multiply a 100 times if we drop down a league.Our already abysmal crowds are starting to disappear, so with the benefit of hindsight it was a mistake to stick with the manager after last season hope the club don't make the same mistake again.

Altogether night and day from last Saturdays performance. Echo some of the things already said , the team played for one another , two great goals from Connor and Allly. No failures out there today . Fusco , Finn, Euan Smith no in fact everyone put in a hell of a shift. A very hard earned and welcome 3 points today. Well done everyone. Cant believe the run we are having with injuries at the moment. Never nice to see a player wither it be one of ours (as it was today ) or a member of the opposing team leaving the field on a stretcher. Has anyone any word on the injuries of McCormack and Buzz ? 

Very happy with the result and the performance today. Despite still having 5 players out I was happy enough with our starting 11. For me we had our strongest defence on the park, up until 2 of them had to come off injured.

Huge credit to what was basically the remainder of our entire squad on the park. McLennan played with maturity beyond his years and took his goal very well. I've been saying for weeks that when Jacko is out the likes of Ally Love need to produce the goods and he put in some shift today. Keeper should have done better at the goal but the shot was hit with some venom. Finn Graham and Gary Fusco also excellent in midfield.

2 hours ago, slangs said:

Needless bookings ?sometimes u take one for the team no damper 4 me. As for Trouts it's not happened yet this season.hard work is a give it's what else u do that shud b applauded

Ye and your yellows cards tally tots up and you find yourself suspended when teams struggling to get team on park ... Loves was a stupid yellow for telling ref his job and Finn s was a daft tackle in a no danger area 

Once again a reminder that we must be looking to change the manager if we have any ambition to stay in this league, we have a really good bunch of players with experience and skill but NO teamwork,togetherness or will to win , this for me all comes from the dressing room . Can't believe we might be rock bottom at Xmas for the second season on the trot, Reid has a shocking track record and how we are sticking by him I'll never know, last season was very poor , after scrapping into the play offs he failed again by being unable to beat a very very poor Ayr, with the same lack of team spirit , it's fairly obvious the players can't/won't play for him.
we all know how difficult it is to get players to join us with the travel distance etc , believe me this will increase if we remain at the bottom end of the table and will multiply a 100 times if we drop down a league.Our already abysmal crowds are starting to disappear, so with the benefit of hindsight it was a mistake to stick with the manager after last season hope the club don't make the same mistake again.

But what happened to all the positivity???

Feel we should be in with a great chance of being top of the pile next season , over the last 3 seasons our standing in the game has risen and we are an attractive option for many players now , so hopefully our manager will be able to replace the likes of Stirling ,Pettigrew and possibly Cairney with others of a similar quality .
Lots to feel confident about for the new season and if we can keep the great team spirit we have then no reason why we can't go up as champions and avoid the difficult play off process .

13 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Ye and your yellows cards tally tots up and you find yourself suspended when teams struggling to get team on park ... Loves was a stupid yellow for telling ref his job and Finn s was a daft tackle in a no danger area 

The ref was very inconsistent today . Love was just frustrated that the Stranraer lot were constantly getting getting off without bookings . If I am not mistaken it was a cynical lunge on Trouts which Ally protested to.  As for Finn's foul , that was basically his first misdemeanour. After what had been let go before it did seem a bit harsh.  

The rule book now has been left open to the ref's interpretation which makes it very frustrating for players and fans alike to know exactly what the rules are as every ref has a different take on things and decisions change from ref to ref.    This open to interpretation thing has been introduced to cover incompetency. Basically it is to make sure that the ref is always right no matter how wrong they are !!! 

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I see crowd noted as 402 in BBC report if that is true a very decent turnout I was not there myself would the crowd total be accurate or made up ?

Why would it be made up ? 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

The ref was very inconsistent today . Love was just frustrated that the Stranraer lot were constantly getting getting off without bookings . If I am not mistaken it was a cynical lunge on Trouts which Ally protested to.  As for Finn's foul , that was basically his first misdemeanour. After what had been let go before it did seem a bit harsh.  

The rule book now has been left open to the ref's interpretation which makes it very frustrating for players and fans alike to know exactly what the rules are as every ref has a different take on things and decisions change from ref to ref.    This open to interpretation thing has been introduced to cover incompetency. Basically it is to make sure that the ref is always right no matter how wrong they are !!! 

Why would it be made up ? 

I don't know but do you think there were 402 and the game yesterday ? do we count all season tickets holders &  children freebie season tickets whether they turn up or not ? unless Stranraer brought a good size ed away support we must have had a really good turnout compared to recent games

Archived