Work bonus and perks

locheedfcno1

12 hours ago, Ross. said:

We get to carry over our unused annual leave, or exchange it all for cash. One of the girls I work with has just under 6 months worth of annual leave that she knows she will never be able to fully use, but she keeps carrying days over because when she decides to leave the company they will pay it up at the rate she is on when she goes rather than the rate it was accrued on, which is a fair fucking difference after 15 years.

Image result for swiss banker in wolf of wall street

Are you this guy? :lol:.

Best perk in a job I've had anyway was as a labourer, nobody does a full shift on a Friday. If you had to do a job it would only last till lunch time or if you needed to go see a tenant you'd chap their door with a sponge. You'd find everyone at the scrappy's for scoof money on a Friday afternoon, some of the big bosses actually caught some guys scoofing full drums of cable when they parked outside said scrappys, which ruined it for everyone.

Decent perk in the construction industry as well is the 2 weeks off at Christmas time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See this working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 40/50 years - no amount of money is worth it.

There are a fair few people on here who assume their own negative experiences with work are indicative of everyone's experiences.

The perception of a few seems to be that all workplaces are full of cliques, bullies, no one appreciates your work etc.

I used to deliver newspapers in Bo'ness. At Xmas time when you were popping the daily records and Sun's in the council houses the customer would be watching out for you and would meet you on the doorstep with a seasonal greeting and a very generous tip. The Posh houses were a different story.......feck all tip as the well off residents hid behind their curtains. #Scrooges

I once, very briefly worked as agency staff in a distillers. My job was to work in the staff shop selling cut price booze to the staff and being a general lacky to the wee woman that worked in the shop. Well there wasn't a staff room of sorts so I was advised to keep my stuff in the store room. Couldn't really help myself to crates of booze as that may have been a bit obvious but used to take a few loose bottles of Smirnoff Ice and Guinness and on my last day found a litre of Lime Malibu hiding in a corner which was tanned that night before going out. I bloody loved that job.

You are a man of few words.

Just now, Black and White Tragic said:

I get a free bus pass. Travelled to Ayr away on it.

And Hibs away.

And Raith Rovers away.

And Cowden away last season.

Got a paper round as a kid. Started in late November. Within 3 weeks i'd collected £130 in Christmas bonuses from customers thanks to the excellent service provided by my predecessor.

ETA: Every Saturday we got a free can of juice and chocolate bar, as well as a free paper each day.

Got a paper round as a kid. Started in late November. Within 3 weeks i'd collected £130 in Christmas bonuses from customers thanks to the excellent service provided by my predecessor.
ETA: Every Saturday we got a free can of juice and chocolate bar, as well as a free paper each day.

Retired in January? Excellent gig.

Archived