Work bonus and perks

locheedfcno1

I recently moved jobs around the end of September so I've missed out on the whole bonus but I'm still getting a small percentage of it. The bonus is just a company performance bonus, not down the employee himself/herself so everyone gets the same bonus. Half with their monthly pay end of December and the other half at the end of January.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I last got an actual bonus back in 2008. That was £2k at Christmas when working for an engineering consultant.

The public sector body I'm currently working for used to have a Staff Awards things back around 2009-2011 and I was awarded £250-£400 a year through that. That scheme was ko'd by a previous Chief Exec.

Now, I'm in the land of no bonuses and ever eroding benefits and increased workload. Basically the state trying to get us to f**k off by making life unpleasant.

Hopefully my willpower will return once my kids stop killing me with sleep deprivation. If I didn't have kids there's no danger I'd still be at said public sector body. Definitely time for a change.

Used to get a bonus when I worked for a bank.  Was determined by your overall performance and I remember being absolutely fuming with one before I left - there were 5 ratings and I was given the middle rating because I missed my sales target.  I missed this by ONE.

When I explained that actually I spent half of my time not doing the job I was meant to be doing, training people on how to work the ATMs and also doing job of my supervisor (who was off on maternity leave) while having 2 weeks holiday in this quarter meant that I was actually a key member of the team.

"You didn't hit your sales so we can't give you any higher"

When I handed in my notice a few weeks later they offered me a promotion :lol:

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Used to get a bonus when I worked for a bank.  Was determined by your overall performance and I remember being absolutely fuming with one before I left - there were 5 ratings and I was given the middle rating because I missed my sales target.  I missed this by ONE.

When I explained that actually I spent half of my time not doing the job I was meant to be doing, training people on how to work the ATMs and also doing job of my supervisor (who was off on maternity leave) while having 2 weeks holiday in this quarter meant that I was actually a key member of the team.

"You didn't hit your sales so we can't give you any higher"

When I handed in my notice a few weeks later they offered me a promotion :lol:

Which bank were you with? Sounds a bit like the Clydesdale. They would try absolutely everything possible to avoid paying out.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Which bank were you with? Sounds a bit like the Clydesdale. They would try absolutely everything possible to avoid paying out.

Wasn't the Clydesdale.  Think all banks a few years ago were the same!  Thankfully my former work has now split and the new company have scrapped all sales targets.  

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Wasn't the Clydesdale.  Think all banks a few years ago were the same!  Thankfully my former work has now split and the new company have scrapped all sales targets.  

They were horrendous for doing things entirely by boxes ticked and with no consideration of anything else. You could make double the sales target on one product but if you missed another by 1 sale they would mark you down as not having met your targets, even if you were generating more revenue across the board than you were expected to.

Just now, Ross. said:

They were horrendous for doing things entirely by boxes ticket and with no consideration of anything else. You could make double the sales target on one product but if you missed another by 1 sale they would mark you down as not having met your targets, even if you were generating more revenue across the board than you were expected to.

They would literally only look at successful referral figures for the cashiers.  Like I said I was doing all sorts of other stuff which meant about 60% of the time I wasn't serving people - we were the first and only Scottish branch to get the highest grade for our audit that quarter.  

1 short? Not good enough!

Glad I wasn't in the bank for longer than a couple of years as it can be a soul destroying place - I worked briefly as an advisor (doing loans etc) and was moved to the smaller branch nearby as the only seller.  Ended up having to be the manager for a week as the actual manager was off sick.  Hit my overall target but got an angry email from the Local Director asking why I hadn't done enough loans!  Such a deflating moment.

5 hours ago, cambozpar said:

Busker?

I've done the odd bit of busking before but I work with elderly people with dementia and other mental health conditions in carehome environments. It's difficult sometimes but it's very rewarding. 

On 20/12/2016 at 12:36, Andy_K_97 said:

I've done the odd bit of busking before but I work with elderly people with dementia and other mental health conditions in carehome environments. It's difficult sometimes but it's very rewarding. 

Fair play mate, enjoying what you do is half the battle.

Archived