Kids X'mas Nativity/Concert

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We replaced a normal nativity in P7 for some weird awards show thing.

I was Fan #3 and had one line. "My favourite thing about Christmas is the tree! Where else would you put your presents? Under the coffee table?!" Smashed it.

Plan for Thursday is,

Finish work and head for childminder to collect her youngest ( The boy - 10).

Take him back to school for 18.15, for an 18.30 start. And sit through whatever Primary school hell they are performing on MY OWN !!!!

This is due to her middle one (A girl - 15) also performing that night in the Academy Concert and she has to be there 19.00, for a 19.30 start.

When the boy is finished (about 19.30 including obligatory 'cuppa') I am expected to race to the Academy with him so we can all sit through

that concert. That could drag on till after 9 easy. That a waste of a whole evening of my life ahead.

Is it rude to wear earphones and make it obvious I couldn't give a f**k at either of these events ?

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Your missus hates them too, so gives the young lad a wee bit of food poisoning . 

Aye, the missus. That's the story I'll be sticking to  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I'm taking advantage of being off sick to go and see my wee girl's first nativity performance in half an hour.

She's a wee angel.

(She's not actually, she's a right pain in the arse sometimes).

Best age mate,trust me. I have  13 & 15 girls that I love to bits but the do have the capacity to be psychos from time to time!! 

I'm taking advantage of being off sick to go and see my wee girl's first nativity performance in half an hour.

She's a wee angel.

(She's not actually, she's a right pain in the arse sometimes).

That was actually quite fun. Only lasted 15 mins so short and sweet.

There's a definite pride seeing your wee one on stage being all shy and nervous. She was so happy when she spotted us in the crowd. Very emosh (as the youngsters might say).

All in all, good times. But I couldn't be a nursery or primary teacher. They require the patience of said angels.

Reminds me of the joke about the wee lad who was picked to play Joseph, but a couple of days before the play he was demoted to the innkeeper for misbehaving in class. He decided to get his revenge so when Joseph and Mary asked for a room for the night he opened the inn door wide and said, "Aye, there's plenty of room - come in!"

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Reminds me of the joke about the wee lad who was picked to play Joseph, but a couple of days before the play he was demoted to the innkeeper for misbehaving in class. He decided to get his revenge so when Joseph and Mary asked for a room for the night he opened the inn door wide and said, "Aye, there's plenty of room - come in!"

Reminds me of this urban legend about an Anne Frank play...

An actress' stage performance as Anne Frank was so bad that audience members yelled 'She's in the attic! when the Nazi soldiers arrived

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Reminds me of this urban legend about an Anne Frank play...

An actress' stage performance as Anne Frank was so bad that audience members yelled 'She's in the attic! when the Nazi soldiers arrived

Piece of useless info.  I actually visited the house about 25 years ago on a lads weekend away.  Very sobering experience. Lots in tears etc.  

I went to my kid's school carol concert. Well-attended but not my cup of tea. Was at the back so couldn't see what was going on. Religious songs that seem far removed from any modern-day relevance. Similar to a trip to Ibrox or Parkhead. 

2 hours ago, Heart of Northern said:

Piece of useless info.  I actually visited the house about 25 years ago on a lads weekend away.  Very sobering experience. Lots in tears etc.  

Why were you drunk going to visit it?

14 minutes ago, Njord said:

I could quite happily get in to a children's nativity, drunk/sober or somewhere in the middle.

I doubt very much you could.

There's no sober, or in the middle, for you.

No problem for me to attend, though I'll wait until my daughter is in one before I go. Unlike you I'm not in any hurry to attend childrens' plays when I don't know any of them :) 

Archived