David Beckham

Richey Edwards

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Beckham was one of the most overrated players of modern times,  probably the most actually.   Signed by Madrid,  Milan and psg as a marketing exercise.   I fully subscribe to George bests view on him.

Ah one of my favourite Pie and Bovril debates.  Shame it's in this part of the forum though as you'll not get any bites with that one!

On 14/12/2016 at 14:37, Peppino Impastato said:

Beckham was one of the most overrated players of modern times,  probably the most actually.   Signed by Madrid,  Milan and psg as a marketing exercise.   I fully subscribe to George bests view on him.

:lol::lol::lol: Good one. 

I often wonder how you make it through life.

Okay, let's say that he WAS signed as a marketing exercise. It doesn't stop the fact that he was a hugely influential player for them in a La Liga winning season. So the signing turned out to be a very good one. For whatever reason he went.

Okay, let's say that he WAS signed as a marketing exercise. It doesn't stop the fact that he was a hugely influential player for them in a La Liga winning season. So the signing turned out to be a very good one. For whatever reason he went.

Also not forgetting his contribution in winning a champions league trophy and multiple premier league titles.

Marketing exercise :lol:

On 12/18/2016 at 10:32, Richey Edwards said:

It is a little known fact that David Beckham was born and raised in Drumchapel. The film "Neds" is actually about him.

Nonsense , he was born of a virgin in a stable in the middle east and was sneaked out to be raised in Peckham. His Uncle Albert christened him with the words   " This time next year Rodney we will all be millionaires "  !   

Edit  They later changed his  name to  David Beckham as it was more marketable than Rodney from Peckham !!

Archived