Malky Mackay

lanky_ffc

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I'm certainly not the man Dave.  I prefer to spend my time venting my spleen on a football forum.

That goes for about 40,000 of us, unfortunately  :(

I'm certainly not the man Dave.  I prefer to spend my time venting my spleen on a football forum.

I once sent an email to Stewart Regan and the SFA regarding ticket prices and got an automated answer back within minutes, it's pointless. It was actually off the back of somebody like you greeting on a forum about other people greeting on a forum and not doing anything about it. Sure it was a thread on here or the TA forum but loads done it and everybody got exactly the same reply.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The point would be that IF enough folk are really interested and IF enough folk wrote to one or more of these bodies then it MIGHT  achieve something whereas the same as always bitching on here won't achieve anything.  But hey ho it's the P&B way I suppose.

We could all set ourselves on fire at our next home game and it would make no difference, except we'd be a bit warmer. 

52 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

We could all set ourselves on fire at our next home game and it would make no difference, except we'd be a bit warmer. 

The Recs is fucking freezing at this time of year, so I'll certainly give it due consideration.

This accusation of Dodgy transfers from Cardiff is also worrying I think. Guys an absolute idiot and I'm seriously considering giving up my supporters club membership and selling my tickets.

This accusation of Dodgy transfers from Cardiff is also worrying I think. Guys an absolute idiot and I'm seriously considering giving up my supporters club membership and selling my tickets.

Do it

f**k the SFA

Regan on the radio last night was winding me up again. The only thing he never said was there's still 18 points to play for in his shite accent.

p***k.

I once emailed my club after the comments were made about 'social unrest' and similar comments and demanding that the club call for Regan and Doncaster to be fired/quit.

I did receive a reply, from a director, who said that they didn't want to rock the boat at that time due to the club's own difficulties.

Quite apart from his total unsuitability for this job and his very tainted background, it yet again proves how little the SFA consider the fans when decisions like this are made. The fact that Strachan is still in a job defies belief, as does Regan still being there. Does he not have to answer for continuous failure of the national team to qualify for major tournaments ?

My utter contempt for all things SFA go back as far as 1977 when, in preparation for the World Cup in Argentina, they arranged to play Chile in the notorious National stadium. Despite outrage from most people and MPs and Trade Unions, the team disgraced themselves by playing where many innocent people had been murdered. Of course, any principled player would have refused such a request, not so Messrs Dalglish, Gemmill, Macari et al . That rather sums up much of the football fraternity, or "good football men" as they like to refer to themselves. Things that matter to normal people seem to be of no consequence to professional footballers. In much the same way that certain "pundits" (that's a laugh) like to give their mates a leg up and insist that Mackay has "done his time" and therefore deserves a job back in football.

I sincerely hope, and moreover, fully expect that Mackay is a failure in this post. The trouble is that how will we know this, as everyone else is failing and has done for decades, whilst being allowed to continue apace.

All a bit sad about big Malky. Career on the up and up, and then he shows himself up to be a racist, antisemitic and sexist blow hard, happy to repeat the sort of myths repeated by your local low lifes, such as comments about 'dog eating chinkies', 'money grabbing jews' and 'untrustworthy gay boys'. And talking about women who will 'look after your needs'. He makes Donald Trump look like an all round good guy.

Then being taken to court for 'dishonesty' by a previous employer. https://goo.gl/TK6Var Of course he is innocent until the court case decides. But it is still a cloud over his head and this is a current and active case. Unfortunately many people will take the 'no smoke without fire' position. 

Both these mean he is clearly untouchable by any club, and has been for nearly 2 years now. So big jobs no longer an option. So where to now? Any mickey mouse jobs on the go, that might allow him to sneak back in again to the big time?

With the SFA Performance Director up for grabs, following the embarrassment of the McClair tenure and his departure they needed someone. And badly.

Companies of the size and significance of the SFA will carry out a risk assessment on such appointments.

So what happens if Mackay comes out with some unacceptable and possibly illegal term not previously covered in his intensive retraining course?

And if he ends up giving evidence in the dishonesty trial which shows him in a poor light, then what does the SFA do? Keep their heads down and say nothing? Or release him with a suitably negotiated large payoff package? Wigan put a clause in his contract saying he could be sacked if the allegations against him were proved. Has the SFA done the same?

I wish the mainstream media would not just reprint Regan's words of comfort about Mackay, but would instead challenge some of the hot air and general guff we are getting from the offices located in the National Stadium. https://goo.gl/tPOczT

Edited by bikerbloke

I first became aware of Pie and Bovril right at the beginning of the club formerly known as Rangers going into liquidation and became an avid reader of the website without ever feeling compelled to join or to make contributions.

After 5 years or so of sitting on the sidelines I have finally decided to join as I feel that something has to be done to get Malky Mackay out of Scottish football, indeed to get him out of football altogether – it is 2016 and we do not need his ancient, bigoted, racist attitudes besmirching the game that we love.

I have sent 3 emails to the SFA asking them to reconsider this appointment and have not had the courtesy of a reply.

What can be done?

An online petition, sent to 40 of the 42 clubs beseeching them to contact the SFA to get them to rescind his appointment? I don’t expect either of the 2 arse cheeks to help, what with Mackay’s connections to Brendan Rodgers and Mark Warburton.

I know next to nothing about the internet, Twitter etc. but could a hashtag #showmalkytheredcard be done and used to embarrass him out of the game? Indeed, could a petition be sent to Show Racism the Red Card and Kick It Out asking them to reconsider their support of Mackay’s appointment? I just cannot see any future Show Racism the Red Card campaigns being taken seriously anymore with Mackay involved in a senior position at the SFA – I think that SRtRC have shot themselves in the foot backing Mackay in his new role.

Could humour be used to embarrass the SFA into seeing what a ridiculous appointment they have made? I know there is Hibs poster who has done very humourous work in the past, little videos etc. Could he take “the Father Ted is a racist” video from Youtube and doctor it to show Malky Mackay in the Father Ted role with a Hitler moustache etc.? “Is it the SFA’s view that we are all racists now, Father Malky?”

I would be delighted if this is my first and last post and that somebody else with a bit more knowhow than myself made all of the above, or something more effective, happen.

Over to you.

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I first became aware of Pie and Bovril right at the beginning of the club formerly known as Rangers going into liquidation and became an avid reader of the website without ever feeling compelled to join or to make contributions.

After 5 years or so of sitting on the sidelines I have finally decided to join as I feel that something has to be done to get Malky Mackay out of Scottish football, indeed to get him out of football altogether – it is 2016 and we do not need his ancient, bigoted, racist attitudes besmirching the game that we love.

A fair few posters joined the site simply to post about our minor financial lapses and have gone on to be mainstays of the board.  I take comfort from this post, though.  We're clearly no longer the biggest shitebags in Scottish football ;)

3 hours ago, bristol_craig said:

My dad emailed the SFA yesterday putting his complaint across about Mackays appointment but with some quite strong language. They have now had his SSC membership cancelled.

Result!

Not a word that you get much of a chance to post on this thread.

3 hours ago, bristol_craig said:

My dad emailed the SFA yesterday putting his complaint across about Mackays appointment but with some quite strong language. They have now had his SSC membership cancelled.

Give it a couple of years. Once he's served his time, they'll appoint him Performance Director of the Tartan Army.

He did remember to break out the racist/sexist/homophobic slurs, didn't he?

On 15/12/2016 at 13:59, Pull My Strings said:

I don't think the concern is that he will actively discriminate necessarily but that the message it sends out is damaging. Senior roles in public bodies should not be given to notorious bigots because it undermines the message that the organisation is inclusive and tolerant. That's an even more important consideration when it comes to a development role which, at least in part, should be about increasing accessibility and inclusivity.

Probably should never employ any old firm ex players then imo

4 hours ago, bristol_craig said:

That tells you everything you need to know.....they just want our money nothing more. As long as the sfa keep getting 50 odd million every 4 yr from sky and all our ticket money they won't give a flying f**k what anybody thinks, they will still get there huge pay packets.