Malky Mackay

lanky_ffc

According to most news outlets, he's set to be named SFA Performance Director. 

Not really sure what qualifies him for this position given that he's only been first team manager or assistant at previous clubs (AFAIK). There's also the murky details of fees paid on transfer deals whilst at Cardiff and the subsequent scandal over text messages which saw him miss out on the Palace job and contributed to his sacking at Wigan.

All in all, it reeks of 'jobs for the boys' and the SFA choosing the cheap, available option.

Edited by lanky_ffc

"He's a snake, a gay snake"

"Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers"

"Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering"

Sacked from his last job for rampaging uselessness.  Fudding about with Cardiff in the lower reaches of the EPL.  Decent record at Watford.

What experience does he have that would suggest he'd be useful as a Performance Director?  It's kind of a director of football role, building coaching networks, improving facilities and the overall state of Scottish football.  What has McKay ever done on those lines?

I suppose you have to qualify it by recalling that the shortlist appears to have been restricted to Scots and the others were John Collins, John Park, Alan Irvine and a 1 or 2 others I've forgotten.

Expected this after McPhee snubbed it for Hearts:. All the managers asked were saying Mackay should get it, a great lad, all that sort of thing. I'm guessing there weren't many Jews, "chinks", "gay snakes", blacks, or "bouncing falsies" on the selection panel, anyway...

I suppose you have to qualify it by recalling that the shortlist appears to have been restricted to Scots and the others were John Collins, John Park, Alan Irvine and a 1 or 2 others I've forgotten.

Expected this after McPhee snubbed it for Hearts:. All the managers asked were saying Mackay should get it, a great lad, all that sort of thing. I'm guessing there weren't many Jews, "chinks", "gay snakes", blacks, or "bouncing falsies" on the selection panel, anyway...

Collins, Park and Irvine would have all been preferable in my opinion.

Absolutely no idea why the SFAs shortlist was all of "managers", when clearly the best option would've been someone who's had this type of role before, more than likely a foreigner.

Its an absolute joke that Mackay can be completely blackballed from the management game, but can stroll into the most important job we have.