Death Row Meal

Rugster

3 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its not actually your last meal, they normally give the person it a couple of days before the execution. There are some really interesting examples of last meal requests.

starter either - in the states- pulled pork sliders with mac cheese
or back home
scallops, chorizo and black pudding with crispy kale and a poached egg

-washed down with a chocolate ice cream shake

main - here - chicken tikka with chasni sauce and boiled rice with a naan or chapati or if i was in the

states 3 in n out burger double cheese burgers with double cooked chips

drink- litre of ice cold coke zero

dessert here - raspberry souffle with vanilla bean ice cream
states- fucktonne of rum n raisin ice cream

drink - litre of coke (cos fuckit aint gonna die of beatties).

The cardiac arrest should sort you out before you get to the chair.

While searching for the guy that ordered a single black olive with the pit still inside for his last meal (Victor Fueger in the belief that an olive tree would grow from the pit to become a symbol of peace) I also discovered that Timothy McVeigh ordered 2 pints of mint choc chip ice cream and Aileen Wuornos asked for a cup of coffee. A disappointing lack of imagination from the latter two IMO.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember where I read it but apparently in the US, the most commonly requested last meals are things like Campbell's tomato soup, toasted cheese sandwiches and mac n' cheese. Basically, the comfort food their mothers made for them when they were children. 

And I'm also reminded of the story from "A Town Like Alice", set in WWII where an Australian soldier escaped execution by the Japanese because his requested last meal of chicken and beer could not be procured.

I'd have a massive cake with an escape kit hidden inside.

Ingredients:

A small painted wooden duck, in case I get caught near water, then I could balance it on top of my head as a brilliant disguise.

A pencil, so I can send a postcard saying how the escape went.

A miniature trumpet, in case I have to win favour with a difficult child.

A Robin Hood outfit, in case I arrive in the middle of a French peasants' village during a fancy dress party.

That should do it.

But what if you arrive in the middle of a French peasants village and there ISN'T a fancy dress party going on...?

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I can't remember where I read it but apparently in the US, the most commonly requested last meals are things like Campbell's tomato soup, toasted cheese sandwiches and mac n' cheese. Basically, the comfort food their mothers made for them when they were children. 

And I'm also reminded of the story from "A Town Like Alice", set in WWII where an Australian soldier escaped execution by the Japanese because his requested last meal of chicken and beer could not be procured.

People who say mac n' cheese should be executed, by being force fed macaroni cheese until they burst.

8 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I wonder how much crossover there is between the posters in this thread who eat cheese for dessert and the posters in the shite pub threads who bemoan the fact that pubs have to be fit for human habitation nowadays.

No correlation at all I'd think!

27 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Something to take me back to my childhood days in Coatbridge.

A fish supper an' a boattle o' ginger.

surely the facing a firing squad,  lethal injection, suffocation by poison gas or electrocution would also take you back to childhood days in Coatbridge?

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

surely the facing a firing squad,  lethal injection, suffocation by poison gas or electrocution would also take you back to childhood days in Coatbridge?

It would be a very welcome escape.

Thinking about "ginger" reminds me of a story (allegedly true) concerning Barry Ferguson of Rangers fame. The entire squad were being treated to a slap up meal in a posh Glasgow hotel after winning the Scottish Cup in 2002. The guys were being served with their starter course which was a slice of melon.

Bazza was asked by the waiter if he wanted ginger with his melon. "No, it's okay", replied Bazz "I think the boss is going to get us some wine"

21 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I wonder how much crossover there is between the posters in this thread who eat cheese for dessert and the posters in the shite pub threads who bemoan the fact that pubs have to be fit for human habitation nowadays.

I'd imagine there's more correlation between the posters that don't have cheese, preferring instead a sweet pudding, and those that have polluted threads on here with tales of "wallets" that contain coin pouches. Said posters, of course, being fond of their pouches.
I refer, none too elliptically, to their vaginas.

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Roll on slice

Stir fried chips from the chipper

Eggy dip-dip

All washed down with a bottle of Moray Cup. It's what P&B would want.

Mods, please. 

Archived