Death Row Meal

Rugster

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have a massive cake with an escape kit hidden inside.

Ingredients:

A small painted wooden duck, in case I get caught near water, then I could balance it on top of my head as a brilliant disguise.

A pencil, so I can send a postcard saying how the escape went.

A miniature trumpet, in case I have to win favour with a difficult child.

A Robin Hood outfit, in case I arrive in the middle of a French peasants' village during a fancy dress party.

That should do it.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

If you were on death row and afforded a 3 course last meal, no limit any choice you want, but only one meal each course, plus a drink per course what would you have?

For me I think it would have to be:

Some sort of prawn, garlic and chorizo starter with a double grey goose with ice.

Sirloin steak medium rare with black pepper sauce, thick onion rings, and chunky chips with a pint of ice cold stella

Cheeseboard, to include brie, camembert, stilton and a smoked cheese of some sort with a large glass of Beaujolais.

Literally clicked on this thread straight after finishing my last forkful of that with some chicken in it as well.

Starter:

Scallops with black pudding, smoked lardons and a small dab of apple sauce, with pea shoots on the side.

Drink: a white lady

Main: Ribeye with a red wine jus, served with chips.

Drink: Pint of some form of red ale

Pudding: Sticky Toffee Pudding

Drink: Any decent Speyside single malt whisky.

That'd do me.

Can't remember if this was in a book or a Tv show (might have even been in real life though I doubt it) where there was a guy who was highly allergic to peanuts who chose a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in order to kill himself rather than letting the state do it.

2 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Starter:

Scallops with black pudding, smoked lardons and a small dab of apple sauce, with pea shoots on the side.

Drink: Pint of some form of red ale

Drink: Any decent Speyside single malt whisky.

That'd do me.

Yum - good shout. 

Drink - I just went for espresso as I'm off the sauce but I suppose if I'm about to be executed I'd have a bottle of Glenmorangie. 

Anyone taking cheese over an actual dessert belongs on death row so it's an apt choice tbh 

I generally speaking go for a cheeseboard if I'm eating out, as I love cheese. But went for the sticky toffee option as it was my favourite pudding as a child, and just before my execution I think I would crave that sort comfort of being brought back to childhood.

Starters - Jack Daniels Sesame Chicken from TGI's.  

Main - Medium sirloin with a blue cheese sauce and chunky triple cooked chips

Desert - cookie dough cheesecake with some ice cream on the side.

20 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Can't remember if this was in a book or a Tv show (might have even been in real life though I doubt it) where there was a guy who was highly allergic to peanuts who chose a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in order to kill himself rather than letting the state do it.

Think in real life the prison docs would have access to his medical records.

Good wee twist to a story 'though 

Starter - Vegetable samosas

Main course - Shepherd's pie

Dessert - Apple crumble

Washed down with several pints of Old Speckled Hen.

Although part of me is tempted to order a Chernobyl strength Vindaloo because for once, I won't have to worry about the ring of fire the next morning. If I don't get on with the trustee who swabs the floors, this could influence my decision.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bit of a roundabout way to tell HSF to up her game in the kitchen, but otherwise a decent thread.

As I'm dying anyway, I think sir would skip the appetiser and proceed straight to the intravenous injection of hard drugs.

Ruggy does all the cooking in this house. 8)

Archived