Alloa vs Stranraer

I think the formation is fine, we just got bogged down a bit at times and of course credit must also go to opposition for this. Long balls are sometimes a bit aimless at times. Greig can sniff out a chance on the last man so can see why we try and utilise it. Just a few too many astray last night.

Still some really good interchange play in patches though. Also worth noting that Cawley passed a late fitness test, but not sure if at 100%.

47 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I think the formation is fine, we just got bogged down a bit at times and of course credit must also go to opposition for this. Long balls are sometimes a bit aimless at times. Greig can sniff out a chance on the last man so can see why we try and utilise it. Just a few too many astray last night.

Still some really good interchange play in patches though. Also worth noting that Cawley passed a late fitness test, but not sure if at 100%.

Are teams like stranraer just good on thier day but not consistent enough ? BTW where was jim goodwin last night , didn't see him on the touchline anyway ?

Are teams like stranraer just good on thier day but not consistent enough ?

It's very fine margins generally between most of the teams in the league. Queens Park will be another tough game on Saturday, as will Brechin, of course.

Are teams like stranraer just good on thier day but not consistent enough ? BTW where was jim goodwin last night , didn't see him on the touchline anyway ?

He was in the stand. Must still have been suspended.

I go to quite a lot of games as a neutral whenever I can. Although I enjoyed the game yesterday I thought the admission price of £16 was ridiculous. I paid that to go to see Blackburn v Nottingham earlier in the season. Carlisle v Mansfield was £12 and brechin v East Fife at the weekend who play in the same division was also £12. What's everyone's thoughts on paying £16 for a second division game? Surely that's too much....

11 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I go to quite a lot of games as a neutral whenever I can. Although I enjoyed the game yesterday I thought the admission price of £16 was ridiculous. I paid that to go to see Blackburn v Nottingham earlier in the season. Carlisle v Mansfield was £12 and brechin v East Fife at the weekend who play in the same division was also £12. What's everyone's thoughts on paying £16 for a second division game? Surely that's too much....

Yeah we know , we have complained  to no avail , we get this asked all the time , no choice really , pay or stay at home .

46 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

As whereismillar says you are preaching to the converted with this and I think almost every Alloa fan would agree.

I am a big fan of what the chairman has done for Alloa and there is no doubt at all that we wouldn't have enjoyed the success we have had in recent times but for his input. I hope he is around for a long time to come. But the admission prices are an issue. The club has pushed the community side of things and I agree strongly with that approach, but you can't expect the community in Alloa to come out and support the team in numbers when it costs £16. 307 last night. 219 paid £16 to see us beat Cove on a night it cost £10 to watch Rangers at Ibrox in the same competition. 319 watched us beat Ross County a week later. 613 to see us beat ICT in the same competition after winning our group. Those are sad figures.

Scottish football in general is overpriced (IMO) and we are worse than most. I watched an NHL game in Ottawa a couple of months ago for less than it costs to watch Alloa. I know the club tried various initiatives that didn't result in improved attendances, and as such I can see why they just kept the Championship prices knowing that other things hadn't worked and that the faithful would keep paying. There was a time when the Recs was the place to go for entertainment in Alloa, there was a fanatical support and trains laid on for away games, workers let away early to attend. Wouldn't have happened if it cost the equivalent of £16 to get in. Now clearly we are never going to get back to those days,  but we are in danger of going to the other extreme and of becoming an irrelevance. A re-think is required.

Match highlights are/will be up so you can all relive the awful defending/ awful finishing. Oh and the awful refereeing. Not a lot of it is included but some decisions against both teams were ridiculous. I've watched the game 4 times now, trust me.

And gates are £16 to pay my wages. They've got to compete so I don't go to BT Sport. /s

Match highlights are/will be up so you can all relive the awful defending/ awful finishing. Oh and the awful refereeing. Not a lot of it is included but some decisions against both teams were ridiculous. I've watched the game 4 times now, trust me.
And gates are £16 to pay my wages. They've got to compete so I don't go to BT Sport. /s

Great highlights and commentary, mate. That's a foul by Marr though as he takes the man with his follow through (it doesn't matter that he got the ball first).

1 hour ago, printer said:

Great highlights and commentary, mate. That's a foul by Marr though as he takes the man with his follow through (it doesn't matter that he got the ball first).

Your right Printer follow through does it,but thanks for the highlights XD,it was a good game to watch live.

Archived