Alloa vs Stranraer

Finally a home game for Alloa- our first in over 5 weeks. After 11 of the last 14 fixtures away from home we go into a run of 3 home games on the trot.

Very important we make these games count after failing to win in our last 3 league games on the road. 

Cant see too much to be alarmed about, but a win would be most welcome and put us a point behind Airdrie in second place.

Stranraer appeared to have put in a decent outing against Livingston on Saturday.

Next few games will decide whether its chasing a play off spot or getting back to fighting for top spot.

this league is tight and unpredictable now, although livi are grinding out the results and are my favourites for the league title much as i hate to say it.

stranraer will give us a tough test regardless of thier position , look at airdrie stenny !! nuts ! , i will take 1 - 0,

We must win our next 3 home game to finish the year of on a high 

It will be very hard to win the div as livi and airdrie are full time 

I would have settled for a play off place at the start of the season 

So Imo that's our aim we just have to make sure we keep in the top 4

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Glad to be back at home & it's a big game. If we play like we did the first half against Stranraer last time we'll win easily. That was easily the best half of football I've seen Alloa play. Hoping for a win & a goal for Spency.

16 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

If we play like we did against livi i fancy us to take someting from the game however injury news doesnt sound good ahead of game.

Just our luck this season,the Manager gets his best back four together for one game and Div pulls a hammy,hopefully Liam Dick will be ok,the performance was good on Saturday,a point would be OK with the injuries we have.

Agree that the homes games this month are key for the club. The last wee spell has been challenging for Alloa with an inspirational manager moving on, some key players who were ever present early in the season missing games, a rookie manager trying to find his feet - and balance those new responsibilities with playing - as well as the aforementioned run of 11 away games from 14 fixtures. There were a few disappointing results along the way, but overall I thought the team hung in pretty well in the circumstances. They really need to try and now get on a winning run again and build up some momentum. 

stranraer deserved the point and probably the win !

best bits ? the stranraer keeper F***** hilarious he is mental/

spence goal

Worst bits . alloa's defence / poor finishing, we were awful second half and scraped an equalizer/. section of so called alloa fans having a real go  at the team , get over it FFS

jack ross is gone , other teams are competing well , thats how it is , I keep hearing we never played well last 6 or 7 games , looks like thats how it is going to stay

so get behind the team , we are still third , all to play for .

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Worst bits . alloa's defence / poor finishing, we were awful second half and scraped an equalizer/. section of so called alloa fans having a real go  at the team , get over it FFS

Considering the attendance was 307 according to the BBC how many do you think were so called Alloa fans? And out of that 307 how many were real fans?

And get over what exactly?

While I'm not his biggest fan I don't see the whole logic behind shouting abuse at Layne from pretty much when he was getting stripped to come on.

Guessing most folk will exactly know who it was that was doing so..

Pretty entertaining game last night with the draw a fair result. Stranraer were well organised and worked very hard at stopping our dangerous players. They also have plenty quality - Aggie and Gibson's goals were top finishes (as was Greg's).

I thought we did OK without being at our best and did well to equalise twice. Felt we stopped a bit for the first goal, claiming offside when Graham clearly played the crosser on.

Can never get my head round slagging your own players rather than encouraging them. I suppose it's just people trying to appear big in front of their mates.

First half I thought we reacted well after going behind to a top class finish by Agnew. We got ourselves back into it reasonably quickly and pushed on.

Some good bits of play throughout, without being at our best particularly in the second half. Stranraer had their moments too though and draw a fair result. Not sure if it was a foul for the Stranraer second (didnt have a great view admittedly) but outstanding finish from Gibson. Stranraer much improved at the back compared to our early visit to Stair Park.

Again good spirit from going behind twice in the game. But we need to try and curb this habit of falling behind (last 4 league games now)- much of our outstanding early season form was built on scoring first and building on it.

11 hours ago, bsd said:

Considering the attendance was 307 according to the BBC how many do you think were so called Alloa fans? And out of that 307 how many were real fans?

And get over what exactly?

OK .. change fans to supporters then define supporter !

get over the team not consistently playing as well as early season.

there is something not quite right about the formation on reflection , something i hope we can sort out !

Archived