Pubs turning shite

jamamafegan

On 16/12/2016 at 13:40, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

The Royal Oak in Largs was used as a set for Still Game a year or two ago.

On the corner of Gateside Street and Boyd Street for those of you who know Largs.

Traditional old boozer.

Now sold.

The shopfitters were in this week to turn it into a Tapas Bar.

Can't wait!!!!

In stark contrast my team's social club has hardly changed since it too was used as a set in Still Game - the episode where they neck the anti-depressants.

There have been a few concessions to changing fashions in the intervening years; it's now got Drygate Gladeye on tap - for how long I don't know, as according to the management "nae c**t drinks it..."

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

I went for a bite to eat in the Weavers Mill pub in Dundee yesterday afternoon. This is the pub that's beside the Cinema and the Ice Rink.

What a fucking weird place. It's quite large and the interior looks like some kind of fairy tale village with small buildings, castle turrets and fake trees...

great-atmosphere-great.jpg.ad24e027d2273a40bc60b9ec82cdaa57.jpg

I was quite disoriented by this and walked round in circles for a good couple of minutes before I could find the bar. Even then I had to wait a while for service as the staff were simply not visible. Eventually I was served. I ordered a mixed grill.

Despite the fact that I was one of only three customers in the place most of the tables were dirty and the invisible staff were doing f**k all about it.

Oh, and the meal was utter shite as well. 

32 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I went for a bite to eat in the Weavers Mill pub in Dundee yesterday afternoon. This is the pub that's beside the Cinema and the Ice Rink.

What a fucking weird place. It's quite large and the interior looks like some kind of fairy tale village with small buildings, castle turrets and fake trees...

I was quite disoriented by this and walked round in circles for a good couple of minutes before I could find the bar. Even then I had to wait a while for service as the staff were simply not visible. Eventually I was served. I ordered a mixed grill.

Despite the fact that I was one of only three customers in the place most of the tables were dirty and the invisible staff were doing f**k all about it.

I have known people who could walk around for hours and not find the bar. They're called tight b*****ds! 

Place is terrible for service. Went right downhill. Get yourself up to the birkie inn for a decent meal and a pint

In a nice bucking of the trend, notorious shiteholes The Viking and the Balmore have been renovated and are #dece for a pint now. Probably still a fair chance of being stabbed in the Balmore but it's a braw venue and that's about all you can reasonably expect from Saracen Street.

5 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

Wee Howff in Paisley high street.

Closed the other month & totally renovated.

Wine bar vibes now.

Went in once to see what it was like.

Won't be back.

A wine bar. In Paisley. Uh huh. The landlord does know you lot lost the City of Culture bid doesn't he? 

Otherwise he'd better get some special Paisley blend vino in:

5a2c5fa69747d_eld.jpg.3656257efae0c0843a12c9a1689f3349.jpg

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Slatteries in Dundee was my local in 96/97 looking at Google Street view its definitely a cafe now.

We're maybe of similar vintage as this was one of my haunts as a student at that time. It's some of form of cocktail bar now. 

On a side note, I enjoyed a few pints in the Counting House/Wetherspoons at £2.05 a  pop last night. I genuinely never expected to pay that little for a pint again.

A wine bar. In Paisley. Uh huh. The landlord does know you lot lost the City of Culture bid doesn't he? 
Otherwise he'd better get some special Paisley blend vino in:
5a2c5fa69747d_eld.jpg.3656257efae0c0843a12c9a1689f3349.jpg

We played down at Port Glasgow a month back, here is the man of the match getting his award provided by the jersey sponsor.

228b6a7db444c6749829b44019754b6d.jpg

Archived