F1 2017

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sky Sports F1 had Belgium '98 as their Classic race last night.  For those that don't remember, it was the race that Coulthard wiped out half the grid at the start in the pissing rain, Schumacher disappeared off into the distance on intermediates whilst everyone else was sliding about on full wets, then tried to drive through the back of Coulthard, destroying both their cars in the process and proceeded to offer him a square go in the pit lane.

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Tbf DC slowed down to let him by whilst still on the racing line, he himself admitted it was daft.
That race is pretty much the first race I can remember, cracking stuff right from the get go. Could do with some rain this weekend too.

Yeah, DC admittedly didn't do a great job of getting out the way.  Fisichella tried to drive through the back of a Minardi about 3 laps later as well at the same spot.  

edit: Murray Walker's commentary is fantastic as well.  He's near greetin as he's telling us that Schumi is 2 secoinds a lap faster on the Inters than Hill is on the Wets. :lol:

Yeah, DC admittedly didn't do a great job of getting out the way.  Fisichella tried to drive through the back of a Minardi about 3 laps later as well at the same spot.  
edit: Murray Walker's commentary is fantastic as well.  He's near greetin as he's telling us that Schumi is 2 secoinds a lap faster on the Inters than Hill is on the Wets. [emoji38]

Think the Fisichella one was in the run-up to the Bus stop chicane.

I started watching F1 in 97 and the Belgium 98 first lap was the first big shunt I remember witnessing live. Remember being pretty horrified watching the crash live as cars would fly sideways into a cloud of spray and come out the other side with no wheels. I think there were three or four cars sideways next to each other and a Tyrell that was at the back of the pack went head on straight into them. Surprised no one got seriously injured.

I started watching F1 in 97 and the Belgium 98 first lap was the first big shunt I remember witnessing live. Remember being pretty horrified watching the crash live as cars would fly sideways into a cloud of spray and come out the other side with no wheels. I think there were three or four cars sideways next to each other and a Tyrell that was at the back of the pack went head on straight into them. Surprised no one got seriously injured.

Whippersnapper!!!!

Archived