F1 2017

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Stu said:

That it happened at low speed behind the safety car is irrelevant. Vettel deliberately drove his car into someone to make a point. Poor stuff.

I think it is relevant that it happened behind the SC, as this means there is danger on the track and you should drive slowly and carefully - not go along side someone and bump into the them. Bad enough doing it at 200mph in normal racing conditions, but under yellow flag/SC conditions should be a big no-no.

Read somewhere that Vettel is two penalty points away from a race ban. Would be interesting if he picked up those points in Austria and missed Silverstone!

28 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Wouldnt have been a yellow in my day. Seb just letting him know he's there.

That was exactly how i put it he was just letting him know he was there!!! he got his penalty time to move on.  the first bump was purely accidental but you can see why Seb instantly thought it was Hamilton backing up i thought the same straight away.  All heat of the moment stuff shouldn't have happened but some of the headline etc are a complete joke.  

22 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I think it is relevant that it happened behind the SC, as this means there is danger on the track and you should drive slowly and carefully - not go along side someone and bump into the them. Bad enough doing it at 200mph in normal racing conditions, but under yellow flag/SC conditions should be a big no-no.

Read somewhere that Vettel is two penalty points away from a race ban. Would be interesting if he picked up those points in Austria and missed Silverstone!

You're right - my safety car point was more directed at folk making out they were going slowly so it wasn't that big a deal.

17 hours ago, IainMorton said:

I imagine the seethe would be a lot worse if it was Hamilton who did what Vettel did.

Well no - there wouldn't be people for example accusing the stewards/race.officials/FIA of being racist towards Germans. That's quite simply a laughable statement from yourself: just like pretty much everything else to have come from the Hamilton fanboys in the past 24 hours. 

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Don't some of his points come off next race anyway? They only stay on for a year I think.

Someone actually posted that the second bump was a leg breaker :lol:

Aye, in footballing terms though. You have lost your man (i.e. Not concentrated and ran in to the back of him) and in return you have lost the head and went in for a two footer

On 6/26/2017 at 11:54, fanny paddery said:

The decision to use a safety car and not a virtual during the kyvat retrieval was a strange decision. Car was way off the racing line. Surely the vsc would have been adequate?

As good as it was seeing the order mixed up, it wasn't really caused by racing. While the race was interesting, the only real wheel to wheel racing and over taking action was after the re starts. Only other passes I recall were drs down the ridiculously long straight?

Last year people were calling this race a bore-fest. Does a few people crashing in to each other save the race for another couple of years.

Not for me. Safety car is necessary when you have tractors moving across the track- they need the time with everyone closed up to move the car. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Brundle has gone off message in his column on Sky, and the seethe on the comments is delicious.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10928407/brundle-vettel-penalty-was-enough

Vettel 'setting a bad example for kids', 'not how people should drive' etc. I bet you all of those people commenting also think Senna was "brilliant and the best ever", despite him having questionable moments like this. Indeed Senna's controversies are some of the greatest F1 movements. This was a bit more tame, but for me, I love a bit of controversy  and niggle between drivers!

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

RACIST!!!

I must be but its appeared when the "softening" of the brit press attitude to "throw him out" punishment to vettel is rapidly changing

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Brundle has gone off message in his column on Sky, and the seethe on the comments is delicious.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10928407/brundle-vettel-penalty-was-enough

Someone at sky saying the penatly was enough??  Did the hierarchy/Hamilton Sky agent not proof read this before publishing it 

Archived