F1 2017

die hard doonhamer

3 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Struggling to think of any current F1 drivers who would be any good in a fight. I reckon Mark Webber was the last driver who looked like they could handle themselves in a square go.

I reckon Jolyon Palmer can handle himself. There must be some reason he still has a job, so it's probably that.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

5 grid places for Bottas for a new gearbox,also alonso gets 30 places for new everything that has honda written on it

This stuff is pretty ridiculous. There is no point at all in penalising someone more places than the actual number of cars in the race, especially if it's not carried over.

Teams should be penalised Constructors points if they break those rules.

43 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

5 grid places for Bottas for a new gearbox,also alonso gets 30 places for new everything that has honda written on it

Mercedes doing what they can to help out Hamilton for his home race, obviously see Bottas as too much of a threat. Same gearbox problem as Hamilton had, convenient.

9 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Mercedes doing what they can to help out Hamilton for his home race, obviously see Bottas as too much of a threat. Same gearbox problem as Hamilton had, convenient.

Ill give them the benefit of my doubt

2 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Yeah, let's penalise Bottas so that Hamilton can win his home race and Vettel can possibly finish second. So much better than a 1-2 with Vettel scoring less points.

10 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Struggling to think of any current F1 drivers who would be any good in a fight. I reckon Mark Webber was the last driver who looked like they could handle themselves in a square go.

Alonso seems to be made of reasonable stuff. I'd suggest Vettel but I think he'd be all slaps and screaming.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

This stuff is pretty ridiculous. There is no point at all in penalising someone more places than the actual number of cars in the race, especially if it's not carried over.

Teams should be penalised Constructors points if they break those rules.

Would you have them stay at 0 all year or would it be like an episode of QI, finishing the year on -130 or something equally ridiculous?

Yeah, let's penalise Bottas so that Hamilton can win his home race and Vettel can possibly finish second. So much better than a 1-2 with Vettel scoring less points.

Not like a Hamilton fanboy to let the point whoosh over their head tbh. This must be the first time.

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Alonso seems to be made of reasonable stuff. I'd suggest Vettel but I think he'd be all slaps and screaming.

Would you have them stay at 0 all year or would it be like an episode of QI, finishing the year on -130 or something equally ridiculous?

Stay on 0, but any penalties would count against them in the Constructors Championship. For example, if Force India and McLaren were tied on 0, the tie breaker would be the number of penalties, thus costing them prize money.

They're not mentioning it, but surely Alonso having a slow last sector would have been team orders. Otherwise he'd have needlessly knocked his teammate out of Q3.

Looking forward (again) to this race tomorrow.

F1 has been fantastic this year. Even the boring races have been good to watch with every position meaning something in the bigger picture. I've only really watched F1 intently since about 2008 and this year compares well to my previous favourite of 2012.

Archived