F1 2017

die hard doonhamer

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vettel is a moaning faced little twat. Pretty sure that the rules state that when the SC is about to return to the pit lane, the leading car controls the pace and everyone is to follow him. What was Vettel expecting him to do, floor it with the SC a couple of hundred yards up the road? Of course Hamilton was going to remain at the same speed and no he didn't 'brake test' him as the data shows he has driving at the same speed that he did at that corner for the two previous SC periods. His reaction afterwards were totally uncalled for, first going alongside and then turning into him when under yellow flag conditions. I imagine the seethe would be a lot worse if it was Hamilton who did what Vettel did.

Cracking race though. Was gutted that Bottas managed to get second from Stroll on the line.

Vettel is a moaning faced little twat. Pretty sure that the rules state that when the SC is about to return to the pit lane, the leading car controls the pace and everyone is to follow him. What was Vettel expecting him to do, floor it with the SC a couple of hundred yards up the road? Of course Hamilton was going to remain at the same speed and no he didn't 'brake test' him as the data shows he has driving at the same speed that he did at that corner for the two previous SC periods. His reaction afterwards were totally uncalled for, first going alongside and then turning into him when under yellow flag conditions. I imagine the seethe would be a lot worse if it was Hamilton who did what Vettel did.
Cracking race though. Was gutted that Bottas managed to get second from Stroll on the line.

The alternative-fan boys who just hate Hamilton (possibly due to success, possibly due to race) will not agree.

5 years ago everybody used to say similar about Seb that they do with Hamilton today. Success breeds jealousy.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Pretty sure if I did 200mph on the way home tonight down the M77 I'd be arrested too to be fair.

200? Pussy:P Give me a toot next time I pass you....black Scooby...SD15***

Anyhoo...for the first time in 30 odd years I didn't watch the full race live. Watched first 2 laps then went for a walk down the shore expecting a Hamilton borefest!! Doh!!

Now catching up with Indycar then Nascar to follow. Could be a long night.

Great, mental race. Quite a few of the drivers will be thinking that was their chance to get a big haul of points this season (Massa could have ended up winning?).

Great, mental race. Quite a few of the drivers will be thinking that was their chance to get a big haul of points this season (Massa could have ended up winning?).

Hulkenburg will be kicking himself the most.

10 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Vettel is a moaning faced little twat.

Says uber Hamilton fanboy. Interesting observation for a fan of the biggest bitch on the grid.

I loathe Hamilton and am very keen for Vettel to beat him to the championship but you lose all credibility if you can't admit that Vettel is the one at fault in that incident. He lost his cool, simple as that. There should be no further action though.

I don't think I can expect level-headed analysis in this topic from many but I tried anyway.

As interesting as the GP was, I think we're lucky we avoided a bad accident. Many cars should have been Black/Orange flagged with damaged cars, especially on such a fast track. The marshalls were scary too.

Hamilton was told on the first safety car restart that he cut it a bit too close to the safety car. He was always going to give it a bit more room on the second restart.

Vettel was simply caught napping, the equivalent of letting the striker get goal side. To throw your toys out the pram and go in for a leg breaker isn't acceptable.

It transpires that a 10 sec stop and go is the most severe punishment that the stewards can hand out other than a disqualification. Maybe this needs looked at going forward?

The decision to use a safety car and not a virtual during the kyvat retrieval was a strange decision. Car was way off the racing line. Surely the vsc would have been adequate?

As good as it was seeing the order mixed up, it wasn't really caused by racing. While the race was interesting, the only real wheel to wheel racing and over taking action was after the re starts. Only other passes I recall were drs down the ridiculously long straight?

Last year people were calling this race a bore-fest. Does a few people crashing in to each other save the race for another couple of years.

Finally, great to see stroll fluke a podium. Surely that just puts Facepalmer a step closer to the exit door, would expect we will see Kubica in for spa?

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

Says uber Hamilton fanboy. Interesting observation for a fan of the biggest bitch on the grid.

It's pretty obvious that Hamilton complains a lot over the radio, but so does Vettel and Kimi. How many times has Hamilton told the race director to "f*ck off"? Basically the same as a school kid telling their teacher to do one and expecting to get away with it.

Of course as most people dislike Hamilton as a person (who cares if he is one of the best drivers on the grid, he wears shit clothes and expensive jewellery), they will only pick up on Hamilton bitching.

It's pretty obvious that Hamilton complains a lot over the radio, but so does Vettel and Kimi. How many times has Hamilton told the race director to "f*ck off"? Basically the same as a school kid telling their teacher to do one and expecting to get away with it.
Of course as most people dislike Hamilton as a person (who cares if he is one of the best drivers on the grid, he wears shit clothes and expensive jewellery), they will only pick up on Hamilton bitching.

I was convinced his was the only radio working at one point yesterday. First his Charlie Charlie that's not right. Then please Toto tell Botas to back him up.

Vettel was entirely at fault for what happened yesterday, and was very lucky not to be disqualified for it. I must admit though, him finishing ahead of Hamilton was very funny.

Hamilton's post race moans were by and large justified, if slightly hypocritical for a man who deifies Ayrton Senna (why does Senna always get a free pass on the subject of deliberately driving into other cars, by the way?). Although his "think of the children" comments amused me - it's a bunch of tax avoiders racing in a country with a disgusting human rights record, if you are looking for morality you're looking in the wrong place.

I would pay money to watch Vettel and Hamilton have a square go, if only because it would be the worst fight in history. I reckon even I could take either of them in a fight.

4 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Andrew Benson :lol::lol: 

Azerbaijan GP: 'F1 in 2017 just got nasty - and it's Sebastian Vettel's fault'

He's the biggest Hamilton fanboy going. He should get a job on Sky. "Vettel slammed into the back of Hamilton's car as they prepared for one of three restarts, damaging his front wing and the Mercedes' floor." Slammed? Did he hell. He bumped into him.

Vettel is lucky he didn't get disqualified or a ban. If someone retaliates in football they usually get sent off and a suspension - often longer as it's classed as violent conduct. That it happened at low speed behind the safety car is irrelevant. Vettel deliberately drove his car into someone to make a point. Poor stuff.

Archived