Raith v Dundee United

Should be a decent atmosphere here.

How many fans will United bring to Starks? 1500? 2000?

I'm probably in the minority here that think we'll actually get a result next weekend.

I've said all week that we'll lose to St Mirren but we'll beat either Dundee United or Hibs within the next fortnight. There's more chance of it next week than there is at Easter Road IMO. Bobby Barr will be back in the starting line-up next week which will be a massive boost to our attacking set-up. Roberts and Matthews would lose their place next week ideally for Bene and Barr but it'll probably be Johnstone and Roberts to lose their place.

Looking forward to seeing Toshney at RB up against Barr.

1-0 Rovers with Jordan Thompson getting the goal.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

There will be dancing in the streets of Earth if that happens. 2-0 to United just to save your Dad Dancers any embarrassment.

Dancing in the streets of Earth?  I'm assuming that's a typo unlike the original faux pas.

I'm hoping VdS and the ginger ninja are back for this, if Murray is still out we should bring in Tommy McKay.  Otherwise the team is pretty much picking itself at the moment.

Not been down to Stark's Park for a while.  There should be a statue of Turnbull Hutton outside the place.

I think from what McKinnon was saying post-match (and what Murray had said before the game) that he will be out for a few weeks. Sadly I am missing this one, I would have loved to have gone (this time of year if United are playing away I'm very much on husband duties which next weekend involves shopping for gifts).

With Hibs away to Morton later in the day it would be great to set a marker for them.

I may be getting overexcited but I think 1500 would definitely be at the lower end. How many does the away end hold?

3500 and if needed you can get the away section of the railway stand which hols just under 500 extra I'm sure. Doubt you'll need the railway stand though, only Hearts and Rangers have needed that stand..

1 hour ago, banana said:

3-2 barnstormer, United winning from behind. Flood header for the winner. 1700 Arabs in attendance.

I admire the optimism you have in our strike force but short of McKinnon giving us a head start where are our goals coming from?

I admire the optimism you have in our strike force but short of McKinnon giving us a head start where are our goals coming from?

A sense that our outstanding recent defensive record surely has to end at some point, might as well be against a San Starko cauldroned against Ray. Attack the flanks is my advice, anything long is cigar time for The Edge.

At the moment all we've got is a long ball to McManus who will inevitability miss or a long ball to Stewart who is currently attempting to set a record for number of offsides in a season.

I look forward to eating those words but the last few games have been torture. It's like the team that gave you a game at the start of the season have suddenly decided all those complicated things like tactics or teamwork aren't essential to football.

At the moment all we've got is a long ball to McManus who will inevitability miss or a long ball to Stewart who is currently attempting to set a record for number of offsides in a season.
I look forward to eating those words but the last few games have been torture. It's like the team that gave you a game at the start of the season have suddenly decided all those complicated things like tactics or teamwork aren't essential to football.

Bobby Barr is back. He was the reason we played the ball on the deck, he'll be the reason we start doing it again..

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Bobby Barr is back. He was the reason we played the ball on the deck, he'll be the reason we start doing it again..

Aye, the difference when he appeared was night and day, hoping the limp he had after he went down wasn't anything serious.

17 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I think from what McKinnon was saying post-match (and what Murray had said before the game) that he will be out for a few weeks. Sadly I am missing this one, I would have loved to have gone (this time of year if United are playing away I'm very much on husband duties which next weekend involves shopping for gifts).

With Hibs away to Morton later in the day it would be great to set a marker for them.

Less than 14 months married and already pussy whipped.  It's a sad state of affairs.  :(

Really looking forward to this. Should be a great atmosphere. I've always liked trips to Starks Park.

If we play like we did at Ayr, we won't win. But this is a great opportunity to put a bit more pressure on Hibs given they don't kick off until 5:15. 1-0 us, as always.

Archived