Unemployment/Careers

If you are interested in absolutely nothing then life is going to f**k you straight up the arse. There is no way to sugar coat that.
You have a responsiblity to yourself to try and fix that because you risk having a miserable life if you dont. I have no idea what to suggest if this is the hole you find yourself in.

I had no idea Donald Trump posted on here.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, throbber said:

All work is just shit tbh, I would recommend getting this into your head as early as possible and then hopefully you will find a line of work that doesn't trigger depression from an early age.

People who enjoy/love their jobs have won the lottery, plain and simple.

For me, anything other than working for someone like the forestry commission driving around the highlands all day taking water samples and fixing the odd fence is just something shit you do to pay the bills.

People who enjoy/love their jobs have won the lottery, plain and simple.
For me, anything other than working for someone like the forestry commission driving around the highlands all day taking water samples and fixing the odd fence is just something shit you do to pay the bills.

That honestly sounds like my dream job...

Most jobs are on a scale between bearable and unbearable - if you're lucky you get a bearable one. Nothing you can do will help you get closer to the bearable ones, it's just your luck. You get paid to do things somebody else doesn't want to do, that's why they pay you yo do them. My advice would be to find the highest paying job you can and buckle up and take whatever is coming. Alternatively, you could go back to washing dishes.

So what's a good thing to get into?
I've found myself unemployed after working in hospitality, fucking hated it so half glad I'm unemployed so I can have a sociable life as well as working because working in a kitchen is no life at all.
What's a good thing to get into? What are you's people doing? Can anybody recommend something to a young lad like me?

Age? Qualifications?

If you are interested in absolutely nothing then life is going to f**k you straight up the arse. There is no way to sugar coat that.
You have a responsiblity to yourself to try and fix that because you risk having a miserable life if you dont. I have no idea what to suggest if this is the hole you find yourself in.

Life is going to have anal sex with me? Seems unlikely.

No suggestions to make things better! That's not much fucking use. Some help you are!

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Life is going to have anal sex with me? Seems unlikely.

No suggestions to make things better! That's not much fucking use. Some help you are!

I think you were being a little bit negative with your post although i can relate to your stance. When you get older you should know what you are good and bad at and what sort of working environments you can work in. When i was in my late teens i actually had no idea what so ever and its pretty tough when people put pressure on you and you have no idea what you like doing.

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

When I was young I was only interested in girls, football and fannying about with my pals getting drunk. What is an interesting job for this sort of person?

Now i'm interested in absolutely nothing. Not sure what sort of job is best for someone who is interested in nothing. Any ideas?

I think you're supposed to have kids, and they are supposed to interest you for awhile. Until they get interested in girls, football, and fannying about drunk and become a disappointment to you. But then they get bored and have kids, at which point you become pals with your kids.

Join the army - see the world and enjoy full time mummies posting endless Our Brave Boys memes on Facebook.

Or learn a bit about the benefits system and get into welfare rights/advice services, there will be a demand for it for quite some time [emoji23] As a bonus you can revel in the knowledge you're contributing to the unbridled seethe of right wing wankers.

I find it very rewarding.

I think you were being a little bit negative with your post although i can relate to your stance. When you get older you should know what you are good and bad at and what sort of working environments you can work in. When i was in my late teens i actually had no idea what so ever and its pretty tough when people put pressure on you and you have no idea what you like doing.

Have you ever considered counselling as a career option.

I've only another 20 years to go before I can retire. Time is running out. Anyway, what about the OP? Found him a job yet?

I think you're supposed to have kids, and they are supposed to interest you for awhile. Until they get interested in girls, football, and fannying about drunk and become a disappointment to you. But then they get bored and have kids, at which point you become pals with your kids.

I'm glad there's a plan. I can now actually see why people turn to God.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Have you ever considered counselling as a career option.

I've only another 20 years to go before I can retire. Time is running out. Anyway, what about the OP? Found him a job yet?

What do you currently work as Scary Bear?

Archived