P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What A Shame About him.

Very sad news, not the world's greatest guitarist but he was half of one of the best songwriting duos in all music history. Steely Dan are matched only by the Jimi Hendrix Experience in bands I wish I could have seen live in concert

Probably the best studio recording band ever. I saw them live in 1994 and it wasn't the best live gig I've ever been at. Donald Fagen quoted as saying he's going to keep Steely Dan alive - I'm not sure that's the right thing to do, Don, especially when you still create on a solo platform. Let the back catalogue survive but no tribute band embarrassments please. Walter wouldn't want that.

I saw a Steely tribute - Nearly Dan - in Glasgow a few years ago and they were brilliant musicians. (You have to be to be able to cover such well-written songs) They'd be welcome at Cliftonhill any time!

I agree with Bold that some of Donald Fagen's solo work is equally as good as his band's best stuff and he should let Steely Dan die with WB.

:offtopic sorry)

And our 16 remaining zero pointers:
Angusfifer
BigBadBassRock
Cardinal Richelieu
Chris_DK
Christophe
DA Baracus
DavidMcG
dee_62
Eednud
GordieBoy80
harry94
I'm Brian
invergowrie arab
Mo Wonderboy
Spartans Telly
ToBeSomeone

So feckin bad at this game I can't even make the list of zero point scorers[emoji15]
In all my years of competing, lovers Ian Paisley and Baroness Thatcher prevent me from being totally pointless.
Hurting like feck here

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:32, tamthebam said:

so that's Desmond Carrington in February and now Larrington Walker in September- anybody got Barrington Phelong or Padraig Harrington in their Dead Pool picks? 

I don't think anyone had Chester Bennington either

7 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Sugar Ramos, boxer, who inspired Bob Dylan to write the song "Who Killed Davey Moore" hangs up his gloves for good at 75.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-08/sugar-ramos-boxing-champion-shadowed-by-2-ring-deaths-dies/8884516

Wasn't sure who was going to die watching that video. I thought featherweight was like primary school fighting, nobody gets hurt too bad.

Archived