P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Spain said:

So you're saying it's not the Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman you're after? If you put the wrong name, and don't put in a clarifying statement afterwards this is what happens. Why do people think I have the time to double check every single pick, when everyone else clearly doesn't have the time to check even their own 15? I'll switch it on this occasion, but only because you were a mere 1 letter away and he hasn't actually died or anything.

I can't stand American Football (egg-chasing with helmets, for helmets :)), so until I read your post I hadn't heard of him any more than I'd heard of Richard U Sherman (American newspaper publisher/editor and politician 1819-1895) or Richard Sherman (1364-1397, who was twice elected MP for Derby - 1384 and 1391).

I did check my pick in that I did an address bar search for 'Richard Sherman songwriter', and while that took me to his Wikipedia page and I was able to confirm that he was indeed still alive, there is no mention of Wiki's only other three Richard Shermans on at least the first three pages of results for that search.

Sorry I didn't put in a clarifying statement but I had it in my mind that either you or someone who ran the dead pool in previous years had asked only for that if it was someone really obscure (like an American Football player, for example). Lesson learned.

As for switching, that's up to you. If, for some obscure reason, you like American Football and/or Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman, leave him in my team. If you are a fan of the work of the real Richard (M) Sherman, put him in. Sod's Law dictates that whoever I don't have won't see Christmas 2017 - and I'll still see the funny side of this, either way :P

Think that's twice or three times first blood.

May I add, on behalf of the pro Soares camp , girfuy

* dodgy pick as he may have already died...but pulled through . then didn't pull through.

Banane56.gif

3 hours ago, Christophe said:

Just noticed I've typo'd the author Beverly Cleary to Beverly Clearly in my list @Spain. Is this going to be a problem should she shuffle off on the final page?

I'll fix.

So here we are, finally up and running thanks to Mario Soares. He's not a big point scorer on account of his age, but he does get the First Blood bonus so:

1 Bishop Briggs 58
= Njord 58
= shieldhillsmithy 58
4 Everyone else 0

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Given that you can write any old pish for your names, next year I might go for "The first person to tell Spain he has made a mistake".

And you're assuming that P&B member would then die, and produce a qualifying obit? It's a bit of a punt.

Archived