P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

454 points is a wonderful achievement. Congratulations to all my dead people. Wouldn’t mind a last minute death from a team member who hasn’t stepped up yet.

I'm delighted with my haul this year, even if none of the other selfish feckers kark it, its a proud day in Casa Root. Hoping its onwards and upwards for 2018.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/12/2017 at 11:00, Spain said:

A 43 year old vice captain solo shot earlier in the month has completely changed the top of the board... currently sitting on the 25 point last gasp bonus too that hit currently earns a whopping 219 pts! So now I fear that may be all she wrote folks, with the leader-board looking like this:

1 Bishop Briggs 656

How many points would have I got if I'd kept Sharon Laws as captain? I changed my mind at the last minute. :(

On 29/12/2017 at 11:00, Spain said:

A 43 year old vice captain solo shot earlier in the month has completely changed the top of the board... currently sitting on the 25 point last gasp bonus too that hit currently earns a whopping 219 pts! So now I fear that may be all she wrote folks, with the leader-board looking like this:

1 Bishop Briggs 656
2 DBA 498

Just wondering, how did the 219 points jump BB up to 656....the last table at the start of December had him down in the 200 odds. Did I miss another death in his team?

Not that I'm gutted or anything...:whistle

53 minutes ago, DBA said:

Just wondering, how did the 219 points jump BB up to 656....the last table at the start of December had him down in the 200 odds. Did I miss another death in his team?

Not that I'm gutted or anything...:whistle

Fair point. I had not seen that table in December. It seems that Spain has given me two lots of points for my vice-captain's timely demise - 218+219+219=656. 

One explanation could be a deadly December bonus for my VC. We shall await Spain's answer when he has sobered up. My guess, however, is that that you have won. 

So don't be too gutted! 8)

Good Guys:
1) Alan Simpson.Oh  Captain, my Captain- popped off in early February. Alas I peaked too early. 

Wanks: 
2) Tommy Docherty (Vice Captain)- The Doc didn't need a Doc. Git. 
3) Ray Galton - Wasn't a deadly duo for me. 
4) Tom Baker- No degeneration for the 4th Doctor.
5) Ken Dodd- Still touring and taking the pish at 90. Stick yer tickling stick up your arse. 
6) Donald Trump- Not my Trump card. What's the point of allowing loonies access to firearms in the US if they can't get the President. 
7) Gordon Banks- Saved for another year.
8 ) Nobby Stiles - Into extra time. 
9) Geoff Hurst - 51 years of hurt for Engerlund. 12 months of hur(s)t for me. 
10) Prince Philip - Retired from public life. Didn't retire from life. 
11) David Hockney - Can't rely on a 20 a day habit 
12) Roy Wood - Tom Paxton snuffs it, Roy doesn't. Hmm.. 
13) Glen Michael- Saved by Paladin. There is a light that never goes out. 
14) Richard Dawkins-Proof that God has a sense of humour. 
15) Graeme Garden - Disappeared from "I'm sorry I haven't a clue". Then reappeared during the last series for two episodes. Taking the pish. 

I was going to enter a 2018 team but never got round to it. Bad news for those who would have make the shortlist as they were guaranteed another 12 months. 

Fair point. I had not seen that table in December. It seems that Spain has given me two lots of points for my vice-captain's timely demise - 218+219+219=656. 
One explanation could be a deadly December bonus for my VC. We shall await Spain's answer when he has sobered up. My guess, however, is that that you have won. 
So don't be too gutted! 8)

It's tense! Hopefully Spain can clear it up so one of us can enjoy the glory!

Good luck!

On 12/29/2017 at 22:00, Spain said:

A 43 year old vice captain solo shot earlier in the month has completely changed the top of the board... currently sitting on the 25 point last gasp bonus too that hit currently earns a whopping 219 pts! 

Not sure that's right:

Aged 43 gives 82 base points

Vice captain : additional half base points = 41

Deadly December; another set of base points = 82

Solo shot = 30 

Lucky last = 25

82+41+82+30+25=260 

Happy to be corrected

Aye, sorry this and DP2018 have been a little neglected since the turn of the year. Haven't had the time to look at it properly but it does look like there's a problem with my spreadsheet. Will have a look tomorrow hopefully at this, if not for definite at the weekend.

Archived