P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Does he have a suspiciously close relationship with his mother? Would explain a lot.

I'm sick of mc gowan I've dropped him this year as mentioned before he was given 6 months tops 20 years ago, 

Another reason I didn't take Gazza, 

21 hours ago, Njord said:

First thought...

The Naitch is favourite. Although relying on AlS picks is dodgy.

Well, I ran you close a couple of years ago so we shall see what 2017 brings.

Gutted that I forgot about Leah Bracknell as she's an absolute cert this year.

Brian Widlake deid

I thought you couldn't pick people who were ill? I was going to go for Fernando Ricksen and Pauline Cafferky but thought it was out with the realms of the game

The entrants I left out from my shortlist were Dorothy Paul, Ian St John, and Attenborough plus Ricksen and Cafferky

21 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Brian Widlake deid

I thought you couldn't pick people who were ill? I was going to go for Fernando Ricksen and Pauline Cafferky but thought it was out with the realms of the game

The entrants I left out from my shortlist were Dorothy Paul, Ian St John, and Attenborough plus Ricksen and Cafferky

I'm sure you can't pick people who are famous for being ill. Ricksen would be famous anyway, not sure how Cafferkey would fit.

As the above posters have said, they have to be famous for something other than being ill. So Ricksen's fine as he's famous for being a professional footballer and just so happens to be ill, Cafferkey's a no however because if she hadn't contracted Ebola, none of us would ever have heard of her. If you read the opening post, it's quite clear on this, and in fact highlights that picking people like Ricksen is a good idea.

On 12/11/2016 at 11:26, Spain said:

You're not allowed to pick someone famous *purely* for being ill. This one has caused a bit of confusion before. You're allowed to pick someone famous who has for example - cancer, and indeed this is a good strategy. This rule is about not picking folk that are raising loads of money for charity as they're about to die or anyone planning a glass of orange juice chez Café Dignitas.

^^^ From the OP: Fairly clear that picking Ricksen would be fine.

Almost finished the duplicate removals for analysis, some of you were properly screwing with me this year round. Hidden extra spaces, and a special shoutout to @Gareth_Glasgow who managed to use a bit of punctuation that looked like an apostrophe but actually wasn't. :mellow:

Stats

This year we've had an amazing 120 players generating 647 different picks.

Of those picks, 416 of those are Solo Shots and 87 are Deadly Duos.

The Top Ten

We have a clear winner this year in terms of picks; after losing some long time favourites Prince Philip has been picked 6 more times this year but it still wasn't enough to hold onto his top spot as old Brucie pulled in an unbelievable 71 picks. Most of the rest of the top 10 are familiar names, with only Leah Bracknell being a new entry to the Dead Pool game. The Presidential trio of George Bush Snr, "The Donald", and Jimmy Carter all just missed out and occupy places 11-13 respectively. Here's the full rundown of the Top Ten:

Bruce Forsyth 71
Prince Philip 46
Gazza 43
Fernando Ricksen 41
Joost Van Der Westhuizen 38
Kirk Douglas 37
Clive James 30
Glen Campbell 27
Leah Bracknell 27
The Queen 27

Let the Deaths commence!

Archived