P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

3 hours ago, Spain said:

I treat my squad like an NFL roster. It's huge to start with, but I cut people in various phases until I'm left with the best I can manage. There's always room for a late big trade though.

Also, you are quite happy for any of them to beat up their wives.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Also, you are quite happy for any of them to beat up their wives.  

I wouldn't say happy, but it doesn't affect their status in the squad.

On 14 December 2016 at 12:29, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm not famous, but I'd imagine if I was the first person to throw myself off the new Queensferry Crossing, my suicide might make the news.Would I be awarded the points in this scenario? Admittedly, it's a bit of an extreme step to take, but I'm quite competitive. 

We need a test case, to clarify.

After last year's disaster where I had my team all ready to go and then forgot to submit it, I have this year's list primed and a note on the calendar for the 31st. I'm going with a themed squad this time out but I'm watching my captain in particular as there's a real chance he may not see the new year.

Excited to be back in the game. Thanks for doing this again Spain.

23 hours ago, The DA said:

First time entry for me.  Best/worst of luck to all my nominees.  I hope I outlast most of my team.  And 2017.

Is Clint starting to look a bit drawn to anyone else?

Clint Eastwood's maybe not such a good choice. Quite aside from looking after himself & still being fit enough to fly a helicopter, he's descended from William Bradford (one of the original Mayflower passengers) whose entire line appear to have lived strangely long lives largely free from illnesses, perhaps from the gruesome process of natural selection at work during their first winter in North America (half of the passengers who survived the trip died, the rest remarrying amongst the survivors). For instance, of William's three children, the eldest died at 80 & the youngest 85.

Of Eastwood's other well known Bradford line descendents, Dr Spock (eminent child psychologist) lasted until he was 94, Telford Taylor (head of the Nuremberg Trials) until he was 90, as did Daniel Gibson Knowlton (of Brown University). Most damning of all, his mother didn't hand in her lunch bucket until she was 97.

2 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Clint Eastwood's maybe not such a good choice. Quite aside from looking after himself & still being fit enough to fly a helicopter, he's descended from William Bradford (one of the original Mayflower passengers) whose entire line appear to have lived strangely long lives largely free from illnesses, perhaps from the gruesome process of natural selection at work during their first winter in North America (half of the passengers who survived the trip died, the rest remarrying amongst the survivors). For instance, of William's three children, the eldest died at 80 & the youngest 85.

Of Eastwood's other well known descendents, Dr Spock (eminent child psychologist) lasted until he was 94, Telford Taylor (head of the Nuremberg Trials) until he was 90, as did Daniel Gibson Knowlton (of Brown University). Most damning of all, his mother didn't hand in her lunch bucket until she was 97.

Descendents? Clint must be a lot older than we thought! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Aye, wee dementia joke there. I forgot a vice captain. I'll pick someone else.

Sticking the pair of them on your list is a bit like joining the office lottery syndicate - you don't want to be the poor b*****d that's left behind when the rest of them retire on their share of the big one. 

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Team in. Giving them another chance. 2 out and 2 in. Bringing in Brucie and Glen thingmy. 

46 minutes ago, The DA said:

You've just named my captain and vice-captain!  Assuming 'thingmy' is Campbell.

Not Bruce Campbell? Noooooooo!!!!

6 hours ago, The DA said:

Sticking the pair of them on your list is a bit like joining the office lottery syndicate - you don't want to be the poor b*****d that's left behind when the rest of them retire on their share of the big one. 

There are some people take this game too seriously, doing research etc. They are sick individuals with no place in a civilised society. This should be a bit of fun at the expense of random victims of personal tragedy.

Archived