P&B Dead Pool 2017

Spain

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, shieldhillsmithy said:

To clarify, anyone planning a glass of orange juice at dignitas is out, but if for arguments sake a genuinely celebrity was to go down this route, would they be eligible for the unnatural causes bonus? 

Suicide's suicide regardless of the means, so they would indeed.

12 hours ago, Spain said:

That's a pretty big age difference you're talking there, which means you'd have be really certain the 25 year old would die. You're just trying to make people gamble away their Captaincies.

grin.gif

I'm in again 2016 was a fucking disaster even worse considering tha amount of quality deaths.
Is the deadline still old years night?

I try not to pick people I like. That's my excuse for my mid morgue mediocrity this past year.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I'm in again 2016 was a fucking disaster even worse considering tha amount of quality deaths.

Is the deadline still old years night?

Yes, you have until the bells.

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Somebody did very well on a commentator's XI a good few years ago. Applaud anybody with the balls to submit a themed squad.

Went with a themed team in 2015, everyone was called John, and this year all Interrnational footballers. Limited success of 2 hits each year so probably just going for a team of unhealthy looking celebs for 2017.

Long list of 22,  just need to do some research and get it down to final XV

Just a heads up, if anyone's needing to question a rule / potential pick (e.g. does X, Y or Z count as a terminal illness) then please put "QUESTION" or the like in the subject. If it's just labelled Dead Pool I may not read it any time soon as I'm avoiding reading other peoples teams until I've pretty much finalised my own.

5 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Fair play to the ones that get their lists in early. I'm still hoping for some late 2016 action. Will likely finalise my team on the 31st as usual. 

46 celebrities currently on my shortlist, of course including 10 surviving members of my 2016 squad.

And how's that worked out for you so far? ;)

I think I tried to submit one last year but was too drunk to work out how. Have submitted one (hopefully correctly) and solemnly swear not to help any on the list on their way. Though I may buy Gazza a Long Island Iced Tea if I meet him. 

Archived