St Mirren v Ayr United 17/12/16

25 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I have no problem with that.

I'm sick and tired of players who genuinely attempt to play good football, being cynically taken out of the game  by players seeking to boot a player up in the air after they've just been skinned.

At no point did Adams boot the boy up in the air, personally I think Platini's attempts at eradicating the really bad tackles from the game that he was subjected to is in danger of going too far the other way.

We all want to see good football with plenty of mazy runs but I certainly don't want to see it being virtually impossible to stop a mazy run without drawing a card.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I agree that referees do have to get tougher when punishing this type of tackle and become collectively more consistent.

It still doesn't detract from the fact that under the new ruling, which many fans are obviously ignorant of, the tackle was a red card offence.

What is this directive and where and when was it introduced, it's all very well people claiming ignorance but how are fans supposed to know what new directives we've got if they aren't well publicised or easily accessible.

25 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

At no point did Adams boot the boy up in the air, personally I think Platini's attempts at eradicating the really bad tackles from the game that he was subjected to is in danger of going too far the other way.

We all want to see good football with plenty of mazy runs but I certainly don't want to see it being virtually impossible to stop a mazy run without drawing a card.

There is.

You put in a good clean legitimate tackle, where the defensive abilities of the tackler surpass the dribbling abilities of the attacking player.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Fuxakes I get it was a bigger point for Ayr than it was for us but he must realise every team in the league have pumped us apart from Ayr and they have had what 4? attempts at it.

It is good deflection tactics and the Ayr fans enjoyed it but they should be questioning why they keep blowing leads against us when everyone else has done it with relative ease.

Ian McCall winding up your fans doesn't distract us from realising that we are awful. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

There is.

You put in a good clean legitimate tackle, where the defensive abilities of the tackler surpass the dribbling abilities of the attacking player.

Yes and you mistime the tackle at all and it will draw a card.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Ian McCall winding up your fans doesn't distract us from realising that we are awful. 

Don't agree with us being awful overall this season but I do agree that we know we're running a tightrope so far this season.

Don't agree with us being awful overall this season but I do agree that we know we're running a tightrope so far this season.

People often accept having a bit of solidity as being ok.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We dont carry any threat to teams. Can quite easily see 10th place happening.

As you know from my posts elsewhere I totally agree with you Derek.

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Yes and you mistime the tackle at all and it will draw a card.

Depends.

Make an honest attempt to do that, but fail due to the attacker being too good then it's a foul and, depending on the circumstances a yellow.

Making no attempt to make a legitimate tackle then (IMO) it should be a yellow and, depending on the circumstances, a red.

The Cairney tackle mentioned earlier actually could have been a legitimate attempt to get the ball, but he was too late - and it's rightly a yellow card because of the speed both were going at.

I don't think any Ayr fan is saying Adams tackle was an honest attempt to get the ball, and given the speed and location of both players, that makes it a red.

I think it's telling that McCall (who you would expect to know the rules better than us fans) wasn't complaining about it.

Foul in the build up to both goals (but that's fine if it's both) 

Us just after kick off from the equaliser :lol:

Nisbet not being offside :lol:

Definately a red card btw.  

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I cannot believe anyone condoning that tackle yesterday, that's a challenge that has to be eradicated from the game, it's the challenge of a clugger with absolutely no attempt being made to win the ball. It's reckless, cynical and dangerous so why is it not a red card ?

Dangerous :lol::lol::lol:

Just watched highlights. Corner / bye kick was a clear corner as it hit Balatoni last and you can see him turning to run in to box to defend corner. Red was stonewaller .

St Mirren should have been at least 2 up first half, Shankland had a mare , as did Devlin who got a roasting the whole game .

32 minutes ago, JUNIORFAN said:

Just watched highlights. Corner / bye kick was a clear corner as it hit Balatoni last and you can see him turning to run in to box to defend corner. Red was stonewaller .

St Mirren should have been at least 2 up first half, Shankland had a mare , as did Devlin who got a roasting the whole game .

:lol:

Archived