St Mirren v Ayr United 17/12/16

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

So let me get this straight, you see tackles like that every week, and some don't even get a yellow card?

Right.......

Yes, that's only ever been a red when stopping a goal scoring opportunity, in my book it's a professional foul, there not always shown yellows.

There was a similar one at Somerset at the north terrace in the last 2 games where the player didn't receive a yellow when making no attempt to get the ball.

On 11/12/2016 at 01:15, wuffster said:

The tackle 30 seconds in was far worse than the one from Adams, not in similar circumstances granted but far more dangerous with full on studs at speed, never received a card.

I'm unsure if I'm getting drawn in here, but are people seriously, genuinely, actually, saying that Adams deserved a red for that? Quite insane. Potentially cost us the three points. 

Been good fun this season though.  

9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

As others have said, it was McAll who was celebrating the 1-1 draw like a petulant eight year old, and this was a reaction to that.

No, that's not what happened at all.  

5 hours ago, ayrmad said:

What, he only clipped him, Adams seems to get harsher punishments than most in this league, quite regularly gets yellows where others get a foul against for similar offences.

No he doesn't.   Jamie is in the Scott Brown school of bookings.  Incredible that the big thug (:wub:) had avoided a red for us until today.  

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Given they failed to beat an absolutely gubbins, ten man side at home, the only people making a fool of themselves in that stadium were the gormless Saint Mirren players.

Far too kind on Jack Ross

Wasn't at the game, but in the period between us scoring and Adams going off was it looking like St Mirren were going to score?

The red card was one of those ones. I can see both arguments. Definitely a 'one for the team' tackle. Red card was debatable, but looking at those highlights and the position of the ref I can see why he called it the way he did. Can see why Adams thought he needed to make the tackle, but also there were enough players in front of him to deal with it.

Relatively happy with the point.

Greg Fleming. Six penalties for the season...none conceded :wub:

That photo :lol:

Orange card in my view. Seen them as red, seen them given as yellow. Can't see why he did it though as there was plenty of cover. No point appealling it as we won't win it. Pity, as we looked set for 3 points and a 9 point gap. As for the goal we lost, never mind the corner, what about the blatant take out of Boyle as he went to prevent the cross? Ridiculously poor decision.

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

What? There are challenges like this all the time; I don't think I have ever seen one result in a red card. Just because you are never going to reach the ball doesn't automatically mean that it is a red card. Certainly cynical but in no way reckless etc etc. 

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I've witnessed numerous challenges this season where a player either couldn't hope to get the ball or didn't try and get the ball, that's the 1st red, even tugging back a player that's heading off into the sunset would be deemed red under those circumstances.

You had a player sent-off about 3 weeks ago against Raith for exactly the same thing! I remember this exact debate, so you can't play that card.

It's a red card, he deliberately hacks someone down from behind with no intention/chance of getting near the ball. It's essentially one yellow for the cynical nature of it, and one for the actual tackle, so combined it's a red offence. A few years ago you could get away with that, not anymore.

Never a red in the old world but if the rules  have now changed then fair enough. I fully expect a lot more red cards as you see non attempts like that every other week. Looks like a point was a good result given some of the refereeing decisions

6 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

You had a player sent-off about 3 weeks ago against Raith for exactly the same thing! I remember this exact debate, so you can't play that card.

It's a red card, he deliberately hacks someone down from behind with no intention/chance of getting near the ball. It's essentially one yellow for the cynical nature of it, and one for the actual tackle, so combined it's a red offence. A few years ago you could get away with that, not anymore.

There is a small difference that Cairneys tackle could have injured someone whereas that was more sneaky. Not sure they deserve the same punishment imo

Cynical foul from Adams but I think the red was harsh to be honest.

There was very little between the two teams yesterday. Ays are dogged but pretty toothless, Saints play some quite nice stuff but have a soft centre.

Flemings save from Hardie seconds after we equalised was absolutely top class.

Archived