There's yer dinner

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at the girls mum and dads I think from the 24th, go out on Xmas eve to the pub where everyone has a party and then wake up hungover and do Christmas lunch there, there's only 4 this year instead of the usual 12 so I won't bother drinking and just drive home about 6 where I'll again have a few beers with the Mrs. 

I'm at the girls mum and dads I think from the 24th, go out on Xmas eve to the pub where everyone has a party and then wake up hungover and do Christmas lunch there, there's only 4 this year instead of the usual 12 so I won't bother drinking and just drive home about 6 where I'll again have a few beers with the Mrs. 

Is it a big house?

the Bam family are going to a world buffet- we've been the last two years. I don't mind- I'd quite happily eat a pie supper for Christmas dinner so the buffet is perfectly acceptable. 

Hope the sister is driving so I can get rat-arsed though!

Usually have some smoked salmon to start, then lentil soup, then will do turkey with the trimmings. Planning to bbq the turkey if the weather's okay.

I've got a bottle of port from 1983 I'm gonna crack open and if it's shite, then I've got some really nice armangac.

10 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Got the wee man Christmas Eve then he's back off to his mums for dinner so it'll just be me & Mrs KDM so think we're just going to get a Chinese. No point doing a full dinner for just the 2 of us.

Wimmin love it when blokes are a bit cheffy.  If you make an effort then you may get a visit from Nat King rather than Santa ;)

Having Christmas Dinner at home this year, We've had a hectic year and I told my parents to poke it when they suggested going out to the local pub for a below par overpriced xmas dinner, all was well! Now the inlaws are joining us which I don't really mind but they are trying to put stipulations on the Menu! "Oh I don't like prawns...", "you need to have sage and onion stuffing..." "its not Christmas without sherry trifle" "we will eat about 4"

Aye right nae bother, you'll be here ready to eat for 2pm, there will be prawns to start, I'll decide on what I stuff up the birds arse and you'll get a Christmas pudding and sent up the road for 6.

Found the Xmas shopping list in the kitchen today and it had 8 pigs in blankets listed on it, 8 between 4 adults.  Naw!!! GTF, they are the best part of Christmas dinner. I used to like my wife and her parents

Christmas dinner round at my Mum's place. Should be 6 of us this year. Homemade soup for starter, no doubt. No idea what's for main as my brother is taking care of that - my guess is turkey twizzlers given his cooking skills. I'm in charge of dessert this year so will be knocking up a baked cheesecake and something with about 500% of the recommended daily allowance of chocolate.

Spending Hogmanay with the other half so expect a couple of bottles of Morgans to be tanned and a bowfing hangover on the 1st.

Archived