Hurlford vs Hurlford semi

HYB

Just noticed the Thistle won today to set up a semi against Hurlford Amatuers in the Thistle Bar trophy there aren't to many must see games in the Ayrshire leagues at the moment but I think this one fits the bill. The amateur's are getting better year on year and Thistle are not the team they once were, there's also no love lost between the two, this has the makings of a very tasty fixture one to watch out for.

I'm going for the Thistle to win it but only just.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Hurlford Ams vs premier leauge opposition early in season in a cup game against Clark Drive and they were comfortably beaten scored a few but on the day the better team won, judging on seeing them against the drive i can only see one outcome of this game and its The Thistle winning by at least 3/4 and thats an honest opinion from a neutral

Really looking forward too the match and it will be great for the village and hopefully both teams enjoy their night irrespective of the outcome. 

We have came a long way in such a short space off time and are happy to be in our first cup semi final at amateur level.

goal machine you are correct we did get beat that day but as you said it was earlier in the season and we are a more settled squad and added well since then so we are definitely more equipped to play the match now. 

All we hope is that it's a cracking match for everyone concerned, give a good account of ourselves and we will be happy campers lol

On 10/12/2016 at 19:13, HYB said:

Just noticed the Thistle won today to set up a semi against Hurlford Amatuers in the Thistle Bar trophy there aren't to many must see games in the Ayrshire leagues at the moment but I think this one fits the bill. The amateur's are getting better year on year and Thistle are not the team they once were, there's also no love lost between the two, this has the makings of a very tasty fixture one to watch out for.

I'm going for the Thistle to win it but only just.

Hope the amateur's can turn them over. Definitely have a chance based on what i have seen off them but i fancy Thistle to edge them out in a close one

• 1 month later...

Ammies def one off the form sides around at the moment. Beat Glenburn, in sixth round of the Scottish and beating everyone fairly convincingly in their league too. A classic on the cards here i think, hope its midweek so we can get along too it

2 average sides at best.  

Agree I mean a team that puts previously undefeated dalziel out the Scottish cup, convincingly may I add, and a team that beat undefeated premier league side Glenburn (who include hurlford th and shortlees in that run) must be average sides..

2 hours ago, CFCbhoy said:

Agree I mean a team that puts previously undefeated dalziel out the Scottish cup, convincingly may I add, and a team that beat undefeated premier league side Glenburn (who include hurlford th and shortlees in that run) must be average sides..

2 hours ago, PenaltyShootOut said:

A can hink o a few words fur them both but average isn't wan of them. Decent outfits both of them 

2 average aides at best that sums them up ... slow unfit and hard working also comes to mind about these sides 

• 1 month later...

Archived