Brechin City V East Fife

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I get the jist of what you are meaning and never even mentioned your pitch. I know fine well both City and Cowden have to get bye on what they have and do it the best they can.

East Fife saw an opportunity and took it I imagine we would have done similar.

I wasn't getting at you , just the people who make rash statements without really thinking things through. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Coming from a Farfar c**t that takes the biscuit. 

Nothing good to say about that tonight. And the worst thing about it was it being on national telly .  I think Cold Feet summed things up , but overall confidence is shot . Mind you with absolutely no attacking threat we are always going to struggle .  How can Caldwell even consider taking a wage after that performance . That was possibly his worst yet. I have never seen anyone challenge for a high ball like he does .He neither watches the ball or the player and just jumps , often facing the wrong way.  It is fucking bizarre. Also he couldn't control a bag of cement.  

Summed up the day with that shocking sending off.  Well done Elliot , with all our injury problems you go and lose the plot with a possible season ending challenge in a nothing position out of pure frustration.  Well fucking done. 

Once again we had a team who wanted it more than us. We were second to everything but Fife battled without being brilliant which probably explains why it was only 1-0. 

Things have to improve but with confidence this low it is going to take a monumental effort.  Time for the management to turn things like that Farfar game last season methinks.  

" Couldn't control a bag of cement "  brilliant put down . And sadly very true.

6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Just highlighting that clubs like us and yourselves have to work with what they have got with limited resources.  Fair enough the pitch has taken a pounding with the two games this past week , much more to do with the frost coming out followed by a couple of days of pishing rain than the fact of the pitch being shite .  Unfortunate timing with the cameras being here but we can live with that. 

Going by popular opinion though, I think people much prefer coming to homely places like the glebe rather than the soulless one stand grounds that developers offer nowadays.  The idea of a new stadium was great but there were so many other factors to consider , like location and transport , nearby facilities , multiple use for the community and who would actually  use it when the novelty wears off as our new community campus has found out to it's cost. Not to mention the issue of sole ownership which we would most likely have had to relinquish with such a project. 

I think credit has to go to our committee for looking into these factors instead of jumping blindly into accepting a facility not fit for purpose.  We are a community club based within the community , not on the outskirts .  I would hope that we can develop what we've got when the opportunity arises and not be bulldozed into some developer's profit making scheme. 

I will say no more on what may or may not  have been on offer  but you are wrong on many of the assumptions you have made.

1 minute ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I will say no more on what may or may not  have been on offer  but you are wrong on many of the assumptions you have made.

My opinion of course ( based on discusions I have had ) but out of interest which parts do you disagree with ? 

Yeah that was as poor as i've seen us all season. I've tried to give big Caldwell a fair shout on here but have to agree with comments about jumping for the ball etc ....also i cant recall a guy looking so disinterested . Last night it looked as though he didn't want to be there. East Fife worthy winners . We could have played till 10 pm and still not scored. Buzz saved us a few times from falling further behind, Trouten starting to look in the mood , disappointed in young Ford getting himself sent off as i thought he was a player improved in the last few games. Always held the view that even with our strongest team out we look a bit threadbare on the bench, who to bring on to change things if match not going to plan. So i think Dods and Bails need to bring in some quality faces in the next window to help get us out of our rut. Every team has a bad patch during a season , this is ours at the moment, still think Dods will turn things round after all he is a magician .

7 minutes ago, theycallmetrinity said:

Five games on the park in a little over two weeks and another two in the next nine days. Taking it's toll maybe. Not the best of weather either. Frost coming out and pishing rain before four of the games.

Spot on . Defo a factor .

The group of older guys in the covered enclosure towards the stand side are always excellent value for money. They were nearing the point of apoplexy on several occasions in the second-half last night. We used to have a similar gathering at old Bayview capable of working themselves up into a right old lather at any perceived injustice...    

5 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:

One more thing. Despite the pitch being a tattle field as someone put it. Funny how Aberdeen and Dundee Utd still prefer it to any plastic Shiite in the area.

Correct . If the pitch was shite the Dons and Utd wouldn't go anyway near it.

16 minutes ago, east fife for life said:

If the pitch is that bad why are development teams allowed to use it?

But the pitch wasn't that bad was it ? I watched some of the match over again yesterday and the guy on the camera kept zooming in on the very small area in front of the stand which had a couple of gouges out of it.  The rest of the pitch stood up remarkably well. 

As was said the development teams have never had an issue with it and none of the managers or players on Saturday (or Tuesday ) saw reason to complain about it. 

It seems only the internet warriors trying to seek attention are the ones with a problem. 

Archived