New manager for Selkirk

Adam Spark

2 hours ago, colinmc said:

Who

From Selkirk FC

Selkirk FC are delighted to announce the appointment of new manager, Ian Fergus.

Ian comes to Selkirk with a wealth of coaching experience having coached Hibs U-17's and at Hearts, Hamilton Accies and Dunfermline Youth Academies.

Not only this, but he also holds youth licence coaching qualifications from the SFA, FA & FAI Associations.

Listed below are Ian's coaching qualifications -

UEFA A' Licence Diploma 
UEFA B' Licence Diploma
UEFA A' Elite Advanced Youth Licence SFA (Scotland)
FA (England) Levels 1-3
FA Youth Coaches Licence 11-16yrs
FA Youth Award Modules 1-2
FA Futsal Certificate
SFA Levels 1-4 Youth Awards 
SFA Levels 1-4 Children Awards
SFA Levels 1-2 Goalkeeper Awards
FAI (Rep of Ireland) Youth Licence
SAQ Trainer Award
First Aid, Child Protection, Risk Assessment Qualifications

He's delivered coaching clinics in 3 continents and has extensive experience delivering coaching seminars abroad.

Ian has delivered those coaching clinics and conventions in Scotland, Ireland, the USA, Canada, Thailand, Norway, Belgium, Holland & Denmark and attended the Rene Meulensteen Academy in Holland 2010.

Alongside all of this he's been invited to coaching/observation visits at PSV Eindhoven Academy, Sporting Lisbon Academy, Manchester United Academy, Newcastle United Academy, Blackburn Rovers Academy, Norwich City Academy, Celtic Academy and Rangers Academy.

Welcome to the club Ian Fergus, we look forward to seeing what you'll bring to the club in the the rest of the season and the seasons beyond.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, rigano said:

Great start he's made,  bit of a freak result yesterday 

Were you there bud  ?  

Nae disrespect but the Hawick trumpets were blowing just a few games into the season and they're starting to falter  ? (any hoik folk care to comment). 

Long way to go yet but that looked a humping yesterday ? 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Were you there bud  ?  

Nae disrespect but the Hawick trumpets were blowing just a few games into the season and they're starting to falter  ? (any hoik folk care to comment). 

Hawick were probably one of the poorest teams I have seen at Gala and Gala will be unlikely to get such an easy 3 points for a long time again!

I can only guess that Hawick had players missing just as Gala, Selkirk and the Vale so often do which makes any of these local derbies a bit of a lottery!

7 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Were you there bud  ?  

Was a humpings yesterday along with a few more humpings of recent.since the Scottish cup it's drastically dropped.had 11 fit yesterday.and in all honesty should have been 7/8/9.

personally heard the comments from the changing room and from what I heard the manager and now players are well aware of there league position

looking like geographically it's beginning to show again how difficult it is to get players to Hawick.

1 hour ago, nakedrambler said:

Was a humpings yesterday along with a few more humpings of recent.since the Scottish cup it's drastically dropped.had 11 fit yesterday.and in all honesty should have been 7/8/9.

personally heard the comments from the changing room and from what I heard the manager and now players are well aware of there league position

looking like geographically it's beginning to show again how difficult it is to get players to Hawick.

Did I not hear someone say that most or all of the Hawick players are Edinburgh based? Also it is hard for every borders based club to attract players as there is not currently a ready supply within the Borders and this is something that cannot be blamed on any of the managers!

On 01/01/2017 at 11:26, BUZZZZ said:

Hawick were probably one of the poorest teams I have seen at Gala and Gala will be unlikely to get such an easy 3 points for a long time again!

I can only guess that Hawick had players missing just as Gala, Selkirk and the Vale so often do which makes any of these local derbies a bit of a lottery!

Hawick could only muster two subs at Gala, one a trialist goalkeeper and the other a player they released a few weeks ago. Some players also missing but no excuses for the very poor performance. It was like watching the Albert team from four years ago when they conceded a barrowload in every game. No organisation on the park and what looked like no game plan. Bottom two at end of season at this rate.

Archived