Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion

This Saturday we visit Meadowbank Stadium to play Edinburgh City who after a poor start to the season have found their feet in League 2 after winning promotion from the Lowland League.

This is a game we need to take something from, currently sitting 2nd bottom of League 2 just 1 point ahead of Montrose. City are just above us on the same points but have a better goal difference and I`m sure they will be fancying their chances of getting the 3 points under their belts.

Just hope our defence shows on Saturday and has one of its better days and that hopefully Henderson and Bikey get the goals needed to get us the 3 points we badly need.

Prediction City 1 Albion 1  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a massive game, win this and it puts us in a position to avoid the relegation play offs, lose and we are in danger.

Think we should have enough to see off Edinburgh though.

Hope so but I would be happy with a point on Saturday, Edinburgh City are a difficult team to play against, don't lose many goals and are well organised.

Hope so but I would be happy with a point on Saturday, Edinburgh City are a difficult team to play against, don't lose many goals and are well organised.

If we had beaten Berwick on tuesday I wouldve been happy with a point but we never so we need to win this one.

It's big game given how tight it is at the bottom of League 2 - only 5 points separating the bottom six teams. It's not "squeaky bum" time of the season yet but there's a bit of pressure on both Albion and City in this one. I'd like to think both teams will have a go for 3 points - a draw wouldn't be much use to either side if Montrose can grab a win at home to Clyde.

Might be heading along to this depending on if i'm playing with my own team or not, from what i heard tuesday night was poor and a big improvement is needed against an City team who are on a decent run in the league. It will probably be as we were on tuesday, maybe drop Forsyth into LB and Petrie or Hodge into the sitting midfield role with Beith and Coulqhoun infront of him, take your pick from Bikey, Henderson, Kavanagh, McKenzie, Ferns, Smith, Moses for the front 3
Bikey Kavanagh McKenzie for me just for a bit of change
Prediction 2-1 Binos (Bikey and McKenzie)

11 minutes ago, BinosCammy said:

Might be heading along to this depending on if i'm playing with my own team or not, from what i heard tuesday night was poor and a big improvement is needed against an City team who are on a decent run in the league. It will probably be as we were on tuesday, maybe drop Forsyth into LB and Petrie or Hodge into the sitting midfield role with Beith and Coulqhoun infront of him, take your pick from Bikey, Henderson, Kavanagh, McKenzie, Ferns, Smith, Moses for the front 3
Bikey Kavanagh McKenzie for me just for a bit of change
Prediction 2-1 Binos (Bikey and McKenzie)

Well Petrie is suspended for this game and wont take part so expect to see Hodge in front of the defence to hopefully give us a chance. Reports from the Daly Records indicate that Bikey will be watched by a couple of scouts at this game and his spell at the Albion could be a short one. Depending on the formation that MacKay uses expect it to be 4-1-3-2 or 4-5-1. If the latter it means Henderson up front supported by our midfield  :lol: Just hope we go with 2 up front Henderson and Bikey if we want to take anything more than a point imo.

First trip to Meadowbank since the Scottish Cup game in 2006.....don't remember much from that game other than the fog and the cold.

Actually a little nervous about the game, wouldn't be surprised if either team won.

7 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Is there any places near the stadium that sells food ?

Depends what your looking for. There is a McDonalds right across the road from the ground and a KFC at the retail park 5 minutes away. For pub food there's the Safari Lounge across the road from the retail park or the Omni Centre at top of Leith Walk has a few chain restaurants and is about 20 minutes walk.

Is there any places near the stadium that sells food ?

Safari Lounge is definitely the best shout for convenience (close to the ground) and quality. Mashed Tun on Easter rd is good but is always rammed with Hibees when they're at home. I should point out the Meadowbank pies are class as well.

Archived