Aberdeen v St Johnstone

Never easy, very rarely exciting.

Think this will be scrappy as f**k, Saints always set up very well against us so I'll settle for any kind of win.

1-0 the Dandies

Crowd: circa 10,000 8)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes feels like we play St Johnstone every month.

They generally know how to nullify us, and have a goal threat - with Maclean great at being a right niggly sod, constantly moaning at our players, his players, the ref and the fans.   If Maddison plays, the usual Hearts/St Johnstone/Celtic/Inverness/Ross Co/Hamilton (delete as appropriate) tactic of taking it in turns to get early cynical fouls on him will prevail, knowing it will be a while before the ref produces the first yellow card (except for the schoolteacher type one that will come out for an erroneous accusation of diving) - Hayes will get a bit of this too, but can give as good as he gets.

After a 5-1 on Tuesday, this will end up being utter drudgery and torture.  Something like the 1-1 draw last season when Liam Craig got a bit wide after his late penalty  (as long as it's not a repeat of the first St Johnstone game last season, which led to a repeat of the 'biggest village in the world' style rumours that hadn't been heard since the McDiarmid doing in 1990).

Same thoughts as before the last game. 3 points in any way at all.

Hopefully we'll win 5-0 but that is secondary. Can't see it happening. St. Johnstone will be a tough tema to break down and are always dangerous. Wright does seem to have our number.

5-1 Saints victory, with the players taking home whichever section of Maddison they can collect off the pitch. More Celtic and Rangers fans to post in this thread than Saints fans.

This is a difficult one to predict. Being at home and having beaten Kilmarnock so comfortably in mid week Aberdeen will rightly fancy their chances but St Johnstone have a good record in this fixture in recent years. It would be a big win for the Saints as 3 points would drag them up into the battle for second place.

7 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

I think we'll be ok. Perhaps a 3-0 to the Dons would be a reasonable result, although I'd prefer more. Take us back up to 2nd. Easy Peasy! St Johnstone are a nice wee club so we don't need to go overboard on this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34366576

Apologies for going overboard with that one 

16 minutes ago, deej said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34366576

Apologies for going overboard with that one 

No problem, I don't think you're going overboard, just stating that we have been turned over too recently by you guys, a bad day for all dons fans.  I would have enjoyed it too if I followed the saints. Your record against us in the last two seasons is awful for us and great for you . I do still think it'll be a 3-0 win to the dandies, but who knows! :)

No problem, I don't think you're going overboard, just stating that we have been turned over too recently by you guys, a bad day for all dons fans.  I would have enjoyed it too if I followed the saints. Your record against us in the last two seasons is awful for us and great for you . I do still think it'll be a 3-0 win to the dandies, but who knows! [emoji4]

^ booked a pub for the Cup Final, type poster.

Just now, 2pac said:

Not terrible but think the defeats we have had have been bad ones, semi final defeat and heavy loses home and away

Semi at Ibrox 2-1

5-1 ;)

3-0 and 1-0 at McDiarmid

1-0 at Pittodrie last day of the season 14/15 

If memory serves me correctly

7 minutes ago, 2pac said:

When was the 1-0 away ? The one on the last game of the season was a bit of a farce if I recall we played a weird team and a half fit Russell Anderson for his last game

Fairly early on in 14/15? That's the one i'm not 100% sure of. Think Maclean scored late on and recreated his cup final celebration.

Archived