Montrose v Clyde

Time to put Thursday's triumph behind us and move onto this Saturday's game v Montrose.

Presumably Flynn will miss this game due to his straight red card on Tuseday.Tiffoney will be back but I would like to see Ferguson given a start..

No doubt Montrose will get a lift from Petrie' s appointment but nonetheless I feel Clyde wll have too much and should win by 2 clear goals.

As a matter of interest does anyone have news of when McGovern will be back?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harry Haddock said:

Time to put Thursday's triumph behind us and move onto this Saturday's game v Montrose.

Presumably Flynn will miss this game due to his straight red card on Tuseday.Tiffoney will be back but I would like to see Ferguson given a start..

No doubt Montrose will get a lift from Petrie' s appointment but nonetheless I feel Clyde wll have too much and should win by 2 clear goals.

As a matter of interest does anyone have news of when McGovern will be back?

1 hour ago, Harry Haddock said:

Sorry meant Tuesday's triumph.

Glad you cleared that up, thought I'd lost a day there! :lol: (Quite easy at my age.)

Tricky one, we don't have the best of records there and unless we keep up the intensity we showed on Tuesday the game might end up going down the Cowdenbeath route. I'll take a shitey 1-0 win all day long given our circumstances.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I asked this on the Hawaii thread, but doesn't Flynn's suspension come into effect for the next cup game rather than this weekend?

A straight red card (for serious foul play, violent conduct etc) applies for the next match, regardless of competition.

Red cards for denying a goalscoring opportunity etc, or two yellows, are compeition specfic.

The Mo merry-go-round has been very active this week, change of Manager, red card overturned. So anything could happen against Clyde this Saturday.

Just going back to the red card thing and not just looking at it through Montrose eyes because it applies to every team, but we had to play with 10 men for 85 minutes plus stoppage for an incident where the decision was later overturned. I'm not saying we would have won the game with eleven men but there is little doubt our chances of success were very much reduced. Whilst our player is no longer suspended the result of the game still stands. Not sure how that can be made different but there must be some injustice in there somewhere. It's not the first time I've seen such a decision early in the game. I well recall a player being sent off after 10 seconds last season and that decision was later overturned.

36 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

would be happy to repeat the same result from both fixtures at Links Park from last season- Montrose 2, Clyde 0.

hope the new manager manages to instil a bit of badly-needed optimism and momentum into the club.

As you're being specific about scorelines, I would suggest you are incorrect about one of the scorelines from last season?

Didn't deserve to lose either of them, particularly the second one, but add in the 3-3 draw at Broadwood and there's 8 points that would have us top of the league! No doubt that our results against QP and Montrose really cost us last year.

Should be a tough game given the new manager but a thumping 5-0 win is surely the biggest pre-match boost a team can get.

Archived