Queen's Park v Albion Rovers

If the QP commercial manager is watching I'd recommend getting out a rush DVD of that game before Xmas. Simply superb. Start to finish, front to back. Woods deserves his plaudits but there were several performances yesterday that could have been MotM on other weeks. But more importantly was the connectivity between players in every area of the park. Total football. 

I understand comments about being eighth but Gus won't be looking that way. What happened yesterday has been building for a while and the depth of squad - as demonstrated by Wharton's seamless swap for Gibson - plus the coursing confidence sets us up well. And for the players, they've every right to feel the top half of the league is where they belong.

Buzzing for Alloa already. (No pun intended)

The run finally comes to an end against Rovers! 2-1 makes it look like it was a tight affair with nothing in the game, but we absolutely bossed that game from start to finish. We could even have been a goal up before Rovers scored in the first couple of minutes. Every single player contributed to that win and it should have been 4 or 5. MacPherson, unfairly, gets the "Gusball" tag from opposition fans at times, but nobody could have watched that game yesterday and said we don't try to play the game in the right way. We passed the ball brilliantly and created numerous chances in the game. The keeper has had a 'mare for the second goal, but he's also pulled off a couple of great blocks.

Rovers fans will say they were poor, which they were, but that takes nothing away from the quality of our performance. We now look like a team that belongs at this level and, more importantly, a team that believes it belongs at this level. Players are all playing for each other and looked delighted at the end. Big McGeever was absolutely loving it on the way off. It's important to look up the way now, but if you were looking the other way you'd have to say that another 5 wins between now and May and we'd probably be safe. Anything from the next two games will basically be bonus points. Quite incredibly, we'll leapfrog Alloa if we can get three points at Recreation Park next week. If someone had suggested that a few short weeks ago, they'd have been carted off.

I'm usually a glass half empty kind of a guy but that was utterly joyful and easily the best QP performance I've seen at Hampden this season. Rovers could have been dead and buried before half time. They had a brief flurry at the start of the second half before Queen's took command again. Mind you it's not a real QP victory without the traditional last 10 minutes squeaky bum oh-my-god-we-might-lose-a-goal spell. Anything less than a QP win would have been farcical. Looked like a slightly bigger than usual home support yesterday. All in all a grand day out.

Wasn't there myself but seems fairly conclusive that we were poor.

Tired from the midweek trip to Brechin perhaps, 4 games in 12 days? Who knows?

According to the Rovers twitter Ross Stewart had a bad day in goals, giving away a penalty and the 2nd goal slip through his hands, disappointing as he's been doing well recently

What about Ross Stewart (GK)?

Bar the second goal, I didn't think he was that bad. He couldn't really do anything about giving away the penalty, would you rather he let him go past and score instead of taking the risk of the penalty

Bar the second goal, I didn't think he was that bad. He couldn't really do anything about giving away the penalty, would you rather he let him go past and score instead of taking the risk of the penalty

Certainly not, just going with what was mentioned on Twitter.

10 hours ago, teekasule said:

highlights up. Well played Queens Park yesterday, one of the best performances against us all season, 2-1 flattered us. Hope the injured players are back soon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLcLXDVs-kDE93wKKSHiltjR0lgA3EDZ_x&v=A5S-PK74Wig

Well played sir. Integrity of your club maintained.

On 12/11/2016 at 14:46, an86 said:

Quite incredibly, we'll leapfrog Alloa if we can get three points at Recreation Park next week. If someone had suggested that a few short weeks ago, they'd have been carted off.

You'll only leapfrog us if we also lose tomorrow night against Stranraer in our rearranged game.

Of course this still takes nothing away from an otherwise excellent run of results from QP.

40 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

You'll only leapfrog us if we also lose tomorrow night against Stranraer in our rearranged game.

Of course this still takes nothing away from an otherwise excellent run of results from QP.

Aye, I only saw earlier that you were playing tomorrow night. Yourselves and Livi away in the next two, so anything from those games will be a bit of a bonus. However, it's certainly not an impossibility on current form. A remarkable turnaround since Stenny rode us all over Hampden a few weeks ago. Nobody could have seen this run coming.

Archived