Season so far

Beckanbaur

As the season is nearing the half way point and the real struggle of beating the weather is now with us, how does the season so far go for your club ?

Any overachieving?

Underachieving?

Performances not reflected in league position?

Any changes would like to see at your club?

Anyone been surprised at the quality there side is playing?

Anyone dissapointed ?

So far so good for the Rob Roy! Sitting top of the table and if Talbot win their 2 games in hand then they only go 1 point above us. To add to that we secured our first league cup win in 43 years too! This time of the year is usually what damages us and we seem to loose points and tumble down the table though so I hope the squad can keep the focus and momentum going and push on to give us our highest league finish.

We have made at great start here at Duncansfield, only two games lost so far and sitting top of the West Superleague first division. Only a few changes from last seasons squad but those who have come in have made a real difference. Also some others seem much more motivated than they did at the end of last season. We continue to improve the squad nevertheless, Diack showed a lot of great touches in the time he was on last saturday, and the return of Danny O'Neill  also gives us a few more options.

Hopefully we can go into the new Year still at least level top and make a push for promotion thereafter. it is high time we were back amongst the elite in the West region.

2 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

So far so good for the Rob Roy! Sitting top of the table and if Talbot win their 2 games in hand then they only go 1 point above us. To add to that we secured our first league cup win in 43 years too! This time of the year is usually what damages us and we seem to loose points and tumble down the table though so I hope the squad can keep the focus and momentum going and push on to give us our highest league finish.

Quite enjoyed that cup final. Not that it was a classic match but it meant a lot to the participants and that makes these games what they are. 

I always think the first 7 or 8 games tell you more about how the bottom of the table will eventually look than the top, but if you can produce the same sort of run through to Spring as you have so far then who knows what will happen when the 3 games a week lottery kicks in. 

Started the season off with very high hopes as we had kept the core of last seasons squad but for one reason or other it's been a letdown . Won a cup yeah but I think everyone knows my opinion of that trophy . Manager eventually resigned because of the poor results & now we have Mark Bradley in who I have every faith in securing our league position & kicking on from here on in

Best team I have seen to date is Beith then Rob Roy who are having a great run. Long way to go so if Roy want to be at top near end of season then they need to produce the best second half of the season in 10 years. They have the squad and manager lets see.

Quite enjoyed that cup final. Not that it was a classic match but it meant a lot to the participants and that makes these games what they are. 

I always think the first 7 or 8 games tell you more about how the bottom of the table will eventually look than the top, but if you can produce the same sort of run through to Spring as you have so far then who knows what will happen when the 3 games a week lottery kicks in. 

Yeah it certainly wasn't a classic :lol: although I think the penalty shoot out made it a bit more exciting

18 minutes ago, Shanner said:

and the red card will live on in the memory as the most pointless I've ever witnessed!

Why pointless....have ye not seen that type of tackle been deemed a red card offence....did he not take out McIntosh's standing leg and as I recall he booted the player on the ground prior to the tackle.....

Why pointless....have ye not seen that type of tackle been deemed a red card offence....did he not take out McIntosh's standing leg and as I recall he booted the player on the ground prior to the tackle.....

Not that one, the one McMennamin got during the shoot out

Oh I'm over it....the match that is....played not to bad,but poor in the shoot out....we have moved on and the season has been going okay...poor scottish cup result but hopeful of keeping up a challenge in the league 

I'm away back to watch the rest of Life of Brian.........

Arthurlie have been pretty average so far. Certainly a big improvement in league form but out both big cups to the Buffs. I do think we have enough to survive in the league but thats about it. Another couple of home    defeats though and we will be back in our annual survival scramble.

Arthurlie have been pretty average so far. Certainly a big improvement in league form but out both big cups to the Buffs. I do think we have enough to survive in the league but thats about it. Another couple of home    defeats though and we will be back in our annual survival scramble.

You feeling confident for Saturday? You seem to be a bogey team for us ha

At this point of the season the Rose having a great season and the other night's result agst Dumbarton in the big Scottish was icing on the cake with the Hibs game to look forward to,got a replay to come this Sat agst Thorniewood at home in junior cup and hopefully can get the result to play Kilsyth in next round,still in all the local cups up to now and though that means having more games than others that's what it's all about,still in the running for league title and it looks a close run thing with Kelty being the team to beat but all in all couldn't ask for a better season apart fae maybe being top of our league,lol.

Team : St Roch's

With the players we brought in, in the summer, there was a expectation around the club that we would be in about the promotion push, so with a game in hand, to be in the running...then yeah i'm happy.

We have taken 2 significant beatings, 2 different levels imo of beatings 2...with one actually being cancelled due to a head injury to a player. Benburb would were alright i felt, gave us a 3-0 pumping which was touch and go right up until the 80th minute. However, Wishaw gave us a proper pumping, 3-1 despite us being 1-0 at half time.

The biggest frustration of the season so far, has been injuries and the off the park rubbish, Frustratingly we are gaining a reputation, which in most quarters is unwarranted, in others i freely admit, we deserve.

To lose Brian McQueen, T.J. McCluskey and Declan Docherty has been a big blow.

Steph McDonald however, has came in at the right time and often looks exactly what we need.

I will admit to being suprised by the league this season. I didnt expect Cambuslang Rangers to be so good at all. I knoew they would be tough opponents as always, but Paul has built a flowing good attacking side and its going to be majorly tough to overhaul and come out in front of them.

I thought Rossvale would be leading the way halfway through, follwed by Thorniewood and Wishaw...an fully expect all 3 to kick on in teh second half of the season.

Johnny Carter has been massive for us since joining in the summer. Should be keep the hard work up and stay away from injuries, i'm very hopeful of a successful season.

Team : St Roch's

With the players we brought in, in the summer, there was a expectation around the club that we would be in about the promotion push, so with a game in hand, to be in the running...then yeah i'm happy.

We have taken 2 significant beatings, 2 different levels imo of beatings 2...with one actually being cancelled due to a head injury to a player. Benburb would were alright i felt, gave us a 3-0 pumping which was touch and go right up until the 80th minute. However, Wishaw gave us a proper pumping, 3-1 despite us being 1-0 at half time.

The biggest frustration of the season so far, has been injuries and the off the park rubbish, Frustratingly we are gaining a reputation, which in most quarters is unwarranted, in others i freely admit, we deserve.

To lose Brian McQueen, T.J. McCluskey and Declan Docherty has been a big blow.

Steph McDonald however, has came in at the right time and often looks exactly what we need.

I will admit to being suprised by the league this season. I didnt expect Cambuslang Rangers to be so good at all. I knoew they would be tough opponents as always, but Paul has built a flowing good attacking side and its going to be majorly tough to overhaul and come out in front of them.

I thought Rossvale would be leading the way halfway through, follwed by Thorniewood and Wishaw...an fully expect all 3 to kick on in teh second half of the season.

Johnny Carter has been massive for us since joining in the summer. Should be keep the hard work up and stay away from injuries, i'm very hopeful of a successful season.

What off the park rubbish and reputation are you meaning of you don't mind me asking?

Archived