Season so far

Beckanbaur

3 hours ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

You feeling confident for Saturday? You seem to be a bogey team for us ha

If we hit the heights we are capable of we can beat most teams mate but unfortunately its not happened often enough.  Rob Roy will provide tough opposition.  I haven't seen them this season but anyone who has, has told me they are a decent outfit. I expect the usual hard game.

If we hit the heights we are capable of we can beat most teams mate but unfortunately its not happened often enough.  Rob Roy will provide tough opposition.  I haven't seen them this season but anyone who has, has told me they are a decent outfit. I expect the usual hard game.

We are doing well and when we play to our best we are a dangerous team and we are hard to beat. But it all depends on how we play on the day. I think it will be a hard game and I think both teams will get a goal or two

Team : St Roch's

With the players we brought in, in the summer, there was a expectation around the club that we would be in about the promotion push, so with a game in hand, to be in the running...then yeah i'm happy.

We have taken 2 significant beatings, 2 different levels imo of beatings 2...with one actually being cancelled due to a head injury to a player. Benburb would were alright i felt, gave us a 3-0 pumping which was touch and go right up until the 80th minute. However, Wishaw gave us a proper pumping, 3-1 despite us being 1-0 at half time.

The biggest frustration of the season so far, has been injuries and the off the park rubbish, Frustratingly we are gaining a reputation, which in most quarters is unwarranted, in others i freely admit, we deserve.

To lose Brian McQueen, T.J. McCluskey and Declan Docherty has been a big blow.

Steph McDonald however, has came in at the right time and often looks exactly what we need.

I will admit to being suprised by the league this season. I didnt expect Cambuslang Rangers to be so good at all. I knoew they would be tough opponents as always, but Paul has built a flowing good attacking side and its going to be majorly tough to overhaul and come out in front of them.

I thought Rossvale would be leading the way halfway through, follwed by Thorniewood and Wishaw...an fully expect all 3 to kick on in teh second half of the season.

Johnny Carter has been massive for us since joining in the summer. Should be keep the hard work up and stay away from injuries, i'm very hopeful of a successful season.

St rochs and cambuslang have both started on fire, setting an early pace which will be tough for any team to catch in that division. The amount of goals scored by cambuslang so far has been frightening. But now that they do not come over as such a surprise package will they be able to do aswell the second half of the season?
We will see! But I fully expect teams like thorniewood and larkhall and to close the gap.
Also benburb for me are one of the strangest teams in the league dropping points I would expect them to get but getting points expected to lose.

Regarding the support and bad reputation about the roch, I would say it is a minority but it is superb buzz at the ground and must be a real lift for the players

Reasonably happy with how things have gone, especially with the injuries we have had. Fixtures have been fairly kind though with us having played all the teams who are struggling, but in saying that we have played some decent stuff and are finding the net much more regularly than we did in the last couple of seasons. Defence looks more solid too with Paul Murphy and Kevin Nicoll, and at the other end Chris Hall and Jason Hardie are starting to form a very good understanding.

19 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Reasonably happy with how things have gone, especially with the injuries we have had. Fixtures have been fairly kind though with us having played all the teams who are struggling, but in saying that we have played some decent stuff and are finding the net much more regularly than we did in the last couple of seasons. Defence looks more solid too with Paul Murphy and Kevin Nicoll, and at the other end Chris Hall and Jason Hardie are starting to form a very good understanding.

Hope you guys kick on and get back up.

Nice people at petershill

Good luck

As the season is nearing the half way point and the real struggle of beating the weather is now with us, how does the season so far go for your club ?
Any overachieving?
Underachieving?
Performances not reflected in league position?
Any changes would like to see at your club?
Anyone been surprised at the quality there side is playing?
Anyone dissapointed ?

Bo'ness definitely underachieving. On paper the squad we have is pretty good, but been ravaged by injuries and inconsistency, partly down to being unable to pick and field a settled team.

League position isn't a fair reflection of performances - More down to the way fixtures have panned out. We should probably be further down [emoji52]

Changes I'd like to see are explained above pretty much: Less injuries. Settled team. Find a bit of form. Better performances. Better results.

Surprised at the lack of quality performances given the squad we have.

'Disappointed' would be a fair reflection of watching the B.U's so far this season.

Archived