Best/worst amateur parks

DanMc99

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst "changing rooms" are at Motherwell Miners park.  A toilet and a cold tap I think is all that's there.  John Hastie parks in Strathaven are poor as well, we used to play our home games there with Ballerup on a Sunday and had to get changed in the sports centre and walk down.  Used to be cracking pitches to be fair.

30 years since as a 17 year old I played in a Scottish amateur cup qtr final for Strathkinness at Dumbarton academy fp.
You know when you go in a cow field where they eat with the 6 inch deep hoof prints in the grass and mud.
They must have moved the cows that day.

Showing my age but Ballantrae when they had a team. Stood at bottom left corner flag and couldn't see top right one pitch ran at such a diagonal! Was that windy I saw a few times keepers goal kicks blowing back over own crossbar for a corner it was ridiculous at times!!

Showing my age but Ballantrae when they had a team. Stood at bottom left corner flag and couldn't see top right one pitch ran at such a diagonal! Was that windy I saw a few times keepers goal kicks blowing back over own crossbar for a corner it was ridiculous at times!!

Ha ha, what a slope that was on that park. Beith Jnrs and Cambusbarron don't have a look in.
If a Ballantrae game would ever be put off for the park being flooded then the world is in trouble.
Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Parks outside Auchenharvie Academy in Saltcoats were particularly bad in the winter, especially playing Sunday afternoon and being the 2nd/3rd or 4th game on said park across the weekend.

You could lose your boots the muck was that deep.

Archived