St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

Whats the parking like near the ground?  Looking forward to going as its been ages since been able to tick a new ground off the list!

Is that traffic mayhem that was causing problems in Glasgow the other week finished? 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like Raith as a St Mirren junior supporter it was my first away game some 49 years ago gulp. The ground stuck in my head loved the place. Have been there many times since and found locals to be very friendly in all these years, you dont get that everywhere also like the fact like Saints fans you support the local team Good club Raith you will always be welcome in Paisley. 

Awww you! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Whats the parking like near the ground?  Looking forward to going as its been ages since been able to tick a new ground off the list!

Is that traffic mayhem that was causing problems in Glasgow the other week finished? 

Plenty parking round the ground, pretty much pick any where you like. The game we won last season with the was it Daly or Anderson goal, I parked on the street adjacent to the ground, outside a few cottage like houses, was fine. I'm going on Saturday and will probably park at the same place.

As for the game, I'd probably take a score draw just now. But hoping the the win against Queens was just a blip and we win 2-1.

If we are to get out of this mess then we need another huge performance like Tuesday night's.

We don't have a very good record against Raith since we arrived back in the championship, but this is another huge game where we really need to dig out another 3 points somehow.

Any kind of win I don't really care how we do it.

14 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The street that runs perpendicular to the main stand is probably best for parking, I think it's Murray Street.

16 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Like Raith as a St Mirren junior supporter it was my first away game some 49 years ago gulp. The ground stuck in my head loved the place. Have been there many times since and found locals to be very friendly in all these years, you dont get that everywhere also like the fact like Saints fans you support the local team Good club Raith you will always be welcome in Paisley. 

I have been there many times and love the Ground also and the Locals are generally great. 

However I went with the Juniors Supporters Bus in the early 1970's and nearly ended up battered tae f**k. 

Cannot mind the Match, but the Saints fans were in what is the home end now and the Raith fans in the opposite end. 

Half time arrived and as usual we headed for the other end as changing ends was normal than. 

Unfortunately the Rovers lads hudnae read the script and weren't for moving. So when we arrived at their place they were fuming. 

Just as we were settling for second half, the charge came. 

Bottles, cans, stones and Rovers fans heading to obliterate us. 

By f**k, did we run. Heavily outnumbered, fighting back was not the answer. 

Thankfully we all made it back to our original end for the second half. 

Cnuts :lol:

1 hour ago, shull said:

I have been there many times and love the Ground also and the Locals are generally great. 

However I went with the Juniors Supporters Bus in the early 1970's and nearly ended up battered tae f**k. 

Cannot mind the Match, but the Saints fans were in what is the home end now and the Raith fans in the opposite end. 

Half time arrived and as usual we headed for the other end as changing ends was normal than. 

Unfortunately the Rovers lads hudnae read the script and weren't for moving. So when we arrived at their place they were fuming. 

Just as we were settling for second half, the charge came. 

Bottles, cans, stones and Rovers fans heading to obliterate us. 

By f**k, did we run. Heavily outnumbered, fighting back was not the answer. 

Thankfully we all made it back to our original end for the second half. 

Cnuts :lol:

My only trip to Kirkcaldy was in 2000 on our way to the division 1 title as a 9 year old, lost a goal about the 87th minute then Yardley equalised and Junior Mendes scored a late late winner to cue #scenes. I think that was the game when we all really started to believe we were going to win the league.

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's amazing that you were winding people up that much before the internet was even a thing.

I was an innocent wee boy. Nearly every set of fans changed ends at half time in that era, especially in the old Second Division. :lol:

2 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

My only trip to Kirkcaldy was in 2000 on our way to the division 1 title as a 9 year old, lost a goal about the 87th minute then Yardley equalised and Junior Mendes scored a late late winner to cue #scenes. I think that was the game when we all really started to believe we were going to win the league.

Indeed 

That was one of the best occasions ever. 

Unbelievable scenes. 

I still have nightmares about that game. If memory serves we had a player down with concussion on the lead up to the winning goal where the ref played on. I never normally got overly worked up if we get beat but that game fair had me in meltdown mode.

I still have nightmares about that game. If memory serves we had a player down with concussion on the lead up to the winning goal where the ref played on. I never normally got overly worked up if we get beat but that game fair had me in meltdown mode.

Pretty sure there was 2 Raith players down and maybe even a Saints player down injured in the middle of the pitch too.

32 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Yeah, it was Toastie Burns, I think - he was down in the south stand box?

5 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Both goals were goalkeeping errors aswell if I remember rightly.

Aye, Guido Van de Kamp....

The last 8 years or so of having Kevin Cuthbert and Dave McGurn have been a huge breath of fresh air after what seems like a decade and a half of dodgy, dodgy keepers.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Still sends shivers down the spine. We gave Rovers 4 beatings out of 4 that season including a 6-0 at Starks and a 3-0 at Love Street to win the title but even though it was still only February, that one was the day we won the league.

Archived