St Mirren vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Looking forward to this, new ground! Yay!

Davidson at CB and Matthews at RB.  Not yay.

I'm guessing he'll play:

-------------------------Cuthbert----------------------------

Matthews-----Davidson---------M'Voto---------McHattie

Coustrain------Callachan---------Thompson-----Johnston

--------------Stewart---------------------McManus--------------

He can't really go for a lop sided 4 man midfield with Matthews needed at right back (or he could play Skacel on one side I guess), and Coustrain deserves to keep his place.

I think McManus does need dropped and I don't particularly think Stewart and him play well together - far too similar styles of play in that both want to go long, want to hang off the last defender. I'd like to see Vaughan back in the starting 11.

Defence looks mince.

Forgot Benedictus was suspended. Muppet.

Really don't like to be negative but I'm pretty confident we'll lose. We've been on a solid downward trajectory for the past couple of months. Four shots on target in our last three home matches, and three blanks from four on the road. In spite of this we'll still play McManus. 

Having said that, if Clangers is still playing I'm unconvinced I've ever seen Raith play against a Langfield team without a serious error at some point. 

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Forgot Benedictus was suspended. Muppet.

Really don't like to be negative but I'm pretty confident we'll lose. We've been on a solid downward trajectory for the past couple of months. Four shots on target in our last three home matches, and three blanks from four on the road. In spite of this we'll still play McManus

Having said that, if Clangers is still playing I'm unconvinced I've ever seen Raith play against a Langfield team without a serious error at some point. 

I'm guessing McManus has been pish for you lot? I was disappointed he chose Raith over ourselves in the summer but he doesn't seem to have scored many so far.

Just now, Scosha said:

I'm guessing McManus has been pish for you lot? I was disappointed he chose Raith over ourselves in the summer but he doesn't seem to have scored many so far.

Definitely not pish, his overall play has generally been OK, but he hasn't scored nearly enough goals (three in the league, from 14 starts).

Very hard worker, I think much of his problem has been playing alongside Mark Stewart latterly who really wants to play the same game as him. He's been poor for a stretch of games now though and deserves a spell on the bench to see how he reacts.

Forgot Benedictus was suspended. Muppe

Clangers hasn't played since his latest er, Clanger cost us the Dumbarton game last month. Barring a late injury to Gallagher he will be on the bench on Saturday.

Win this and we could finish the day just 3 points off 9th spot. Lose it and we could be right back where we started. Raith have had our number since we were relegated. We have drawn one and lost four of the five encounters between the teams.

No idea what to expect really, will go for a 1-1 draw.

26 minutes ago, Lex said:

Clangers hasn't played since his latest er, Clanger cost us the Dumbarton game last month. Barring a late injury to Gallagher he will be on the bench on Saturday.

Win this and we could finish the day just 3 points off 9th spot. Lose it and we could be right back where we started. Raith have had our number since we were relegated. We have drawn one and lost four of the five encounters between the teams.

No idea what to expect really, will go for a 1-1 draw.

Why would a late injury to our lesser-spotted winger mean we need to change goalie? :P

EDIT: Makes a change for me to be pedantic for once!

I'm tempted to head along to this as it's the only ground in the league I've not been to yet but I'm expecting a defeat here if I'm honest, the defence looks suspect and I'm not sure Skacel won't be in for another start, I'd like to see Vaughan back in as well for McManus but I'd imagine that the team will be the same as Renton suggested only with Skacel in for Johnston. 

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

I personally dont think he is good enough for this level.  As mentioned, does a lot of work, but doesent really look threatening in a goal scoring sense.  From his 3 goals, 2 were laid on a plate against St Mirren and one was a tap in against Falkirk.  Also tries far too hard to do it all himself sometimes (Against Morton at Cappielow being a prime example)

Still offered more than Skacel mind you.  Thats one gamble that hasnt paid off at all. 

20 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm tempted to head along to this as it's the only ground in the league I've not been to yet but I'm expecting a defeat here if I'm honest, the defence looks suspect and I'm not sure Skacel won't be in for another start, I'd like to see Vaughan back in as well for McManus but I'd imagine that the team will be the same as Renton suggested only with Skacel in for Johnston. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I personally dont think he is good enough for this level.  As mentioned, does a lot of work, but doesent really look threatening in a goal scoring sense.  From his 3 goals, 2 were laid on a plate against St Mirren and one was a tap in against Falkirk.  Also tries far too hard to do it all himself sometimes (Against Morton at Cappielow being a prime example)

Still offered more than Skacel mind you.  Thats one gamble that hasnt paid off at all. 

Reaction GIF: horrified, Jim Carrey, Liar Liar

Forgot he played for Raith. Guaranteed hat trick.

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Yeah, he probably should've had 4 or 5 on the day given the chances made for him.

20 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Wouldn't worry about Skacel guys, he's mince.

haven't you seen our defense in action!!  Hoping last night gives us a wee kick start we need but as said earlier in thread Rovers have had our number since we came down. 

Assuming it's Matthews at RB I don't think Coustrain will be playing. I doubt he would be anyway (despite the goal) but I can't see us leaving Matthews that exposed. Ross did well against Ayr to be fair.
Going to the game but not with high hopes. Can't score and will surely concede.

Like Raith as a St Mirren junior supporter it was my first away game some 49 years ago gulp. The ground stuck in my head loved the place. Have been there many times since and found locals to be very friendly in all these years, you dont get that everywhere also like the fact like Saints fans you support the local team Good club Raith you will always be welcome in Paisley. 

Archived