B.R.A. v Hibernian's ***-Hammering Hampden Heroes (Holders)

Mon Dieu

Juniors shouldn't be allowed in this tourney; using the cup solely for money is wrong imo

If Linlithgow Rose ever draw you and double your crowd at least, you can thank us for having made you some money.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Linlithgow Rose ever draw you and double your crowd at least, you can thank us for having made you some money.

Yes although you better hope that the old firms not playing at the same time. Your fans would be heading west in that case.

16 hours ago, wullie robb said:

I've heard all that talk before, they beat Dumbarton so deserve to be in it.

If going on scores today just relegate Dundee United to the second division. 

Until they fork out what lower league teams do for club licencing criteria then they shouldn't be allowed to milk the system. 

30 minutes ago, HTG said:

Albion Rovers have been in the professional league set up for how long? Why are they playing at Airdrie? Shouldn't be allowed in this tourney; using the cup solely for money is wrong in. Mind you, I daresay East Fife have designs on winning the tournament. 

You have a point but at least they fork out for club licencing. 

So does my club. The SFA want junior teams in the cup - wouldn't invite them otherwise. Linlithgow have hosted crowds of 2600, 2300 and 1800 against league opposition in the last 3 seasons so I'm not worried about drawing teams at home - we'd just make the game all ticket.  

In terms of just being in it for the money, how many teams are in it to win it?  Bonnyrigg beat a championship team away from home so they were at Tynecastle on merit - same as mine last season when by the time we were in the last 16 we were in it to win it ... lol. 

If folk would rather just recycle the much acclaimed League Cup then fill your boots. Otherwise, accept that just like down south, some teams will occasionally come up against and get pumped by diddies - aye you Viking Ton!

15 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I feared for the safety of our players yesterday. Some of the challenges from the Junior hatchet-men were disgusting.

The one of Humphrey was the pick of the bunch. Pretty galling that a guy who's not long back from a serious injury has to play against amateur hatchet men with no personal stake in football.

I was delighted we scored directly from the free kick. Up yees.

7 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I feared for the safety of our players yesterday. Some of the challenges from the Junior hatchet-men were disgusting.

Did you, did you really fear for the players. How did this fear for their safety manifest itself were you running on the pitch with St John's Ambulance crew at any injury or did you just enjoy a pumping of a junior team from the stand. Melodramatic bullshit.

Did you, did you really fear for the players. How did this fear for their safety manifest itself were you running on the pitch with St John's Ambulance crew at any injury or did you just enjoy a pumping of a junior team from the stand. Melodramatic bullshit.

We were lucky the paramedics weren't needed. The challenge on Humphrey was particularly shocking. On another day it could've killed him.

19 hours ago, Zing. said:

Aye that tackle was made by some Jambo fud who couldn't take his team getting utterly pumped. Should've been a red card. 

He was also ginger. Disgusting. 

Hopefully this signals the end of the junior experiment and they go back to their Sunday league pitches and kick f**k out each other there.

1 hour ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Hopefully this signals the end of the junior experiment and they go back to their Sunday league pitches and kick f**k out each other there.

Your lucky his ma disny get hold of you,she'll choke the shite oot ay you,lol.

On 23 January 2017 at 11:30, Hibeesbounce75 said:

And the end of the experiment of non SPL teams that win the Scottish Cup qualifying for the Europa League and out of it before the end of August. In other words we got through more rounds of the Scottish cup than you did in the Europa League.

Archived