Fermers v Lichties

4 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Agree. Statistically the best defence in the league. A great CB pairing and some decent options on the bench.

You definitely cannot judge anything by our cup exit at Clyde. We were beaten by ridiculous refereeing and a couple of fine strikes from range.. I note that Clyde had yet another penalty yesterday.

Our third since the league cup group stage. Mental.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Good and fair assessment

Thought Linn wasn't as good as usual but won that important FK

What number was ToB?

Eta: regarding gold I genuinely think it was done to make our back 4 more physical as they'd just brought on the big guy peters and had launched it up the park all game. Felt they dragged us into that too the longer the game went on the less football we played which really isn't like us

:lol:

You lads were hoofing it from the start aswell. Second half we played it far more on the deck and looked the more threatening.

Tom O'Brien was head and shoulders the best player on the park, even his clearences into the mert were majestic.

:lol:
You lads were hoofing it from the start aswell. Second half we played it far more on the deck and looked the more threatening.
Tom O'Brien was head and shoulders the best player on the park, even his clearences into the mert were majestic.

We played some OK stuff to start with then you lads dragged us down to your standard of scrappy football

Facts

It's ashame that 'The Forfar Way' is stuck in the past and not more progressive like #TheArbroathWay IMO

It was like watching a game of head tennis at some points.

I though the officials were shocking at some points of the game. The ref was so picky and didn't let the game flow and use the advantage rule. The ginger linesman didn't seem to have a clue who's throw it was most of the time. It certainly doesn't help make a good game when the ref is stopping it every 5 seconds.

Even though I didn't think Linn has been at his best he keeps at least 2 defenders occupied just being on the pitch and he can win a game on his own at times, glad he's ours and not somebody else's.

1 hour ago, keptie said:

Is Grant Adams always in such a rage in goals for Forfar?talk about Mr angry he was going mental at everyone and everything the whole game it was bizzare behaviour..... but quite entertaining

Aye.  He's a fud.  Better than we had between the sticks at the end of last season though.

Aye.  He's a fud.  Better than we had between the sticks at the end of last season though.

He was seething from the first minute. Petulant wee p***k. I also enjoyed the lassie from the club shop having a meltdown after we scored.

22 hours ago, etherglide said:

I'm not particularly interested in any repartee from Arbroath fans. From a Forfar fans point of view this result is atrocious. A real indication of a lack of leadership. Arbroath should really have not turned up today and got even a point. I fear Forfar will eventually gain promotion but without any real guidance from management or senior players. Shocking result.

^^^^^^ far too many Pimms.....

Find this whole ball on the deck / hoofball thing a bit tedious, this is the 4th tier of Scottish football, hardly going to be Barca esque play on show all the time.

if being a more direct at times wins us games then so be it. I actually think we have been guilty of over playing at times this season.

first time I've seen forfars surface yesterday, looked a lot better than some others we've played on.

Regarding the Gold substitution, Sukar came over to the bench and said that he was "struggling". When he came off he was feeling his lower back when he was sitting on the bench so it was probably a mix of injury and tactics. 

Regarding the Gold substitution, Sukar came over to the bench and said that he was "struggling". When he came off he was feeling his lower back when he was sitting on the bench so it was probably a mix of injury and tactics. 

Cheers man

Clears it up

Hope he's ok was very decent again yesterday and had a huge moment with that goal line clearance

I was keen to see how Sukar got on as he has been playing regularly. Didn't see much to suggest he is someone with a great deal of potential. He was solid enough without really standing out. Can't really judge though.

I was keen to see how Sukar got on as he has been playing regularly. Didn't see much to suggest he is someone with a great deal of potential. He was solid enough without really standing out. Can't really judge though.

Has been 1st choice LB the last month or so. Started well but has struggled lately. Good few Lichties (myself included) would rather see Phillips on there.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Has been 1st choice LB the last month or so. Started well but has struggled lately. Good few Lichties (myself included) would rather see Phillips on there.

I think his natural position is in the middle, has he been used there very often?

phillips has to start over suker his passing from the back is shocking . never overs a overlap in support of wide players. and why scott started yesterday is to me absolutely baffling

I'd be surprised if Jimmy starts next week.

Archived