Hibs vs Dumbarton

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Probably write everyone's name on a post it note, 4 of us at least will be there, dreading the result though

We'll probably win in front of 68 away fans.

*Away win is 10/1

*Both teams to score & Sons win 16/1

*4/1 the Draw

*Hills coupon, other betting outlets are available

Stanton and Gallagher seemingly the only two out for us, Fleming also doesn't require wrist surgery which is good news. I imagine we'll play for a 0-0, hopefully we get it.

Some amount of time Gallagher has been out for. I seen on the OS it says that's 6 weeks now, it feels longer. Most likely because the entertainment value of games involving us is minimal meaning 90 mins can feel like a lifetime.

I never thought I'd say this, but we actually miss him. He was actually coming onto a game prior to his injury.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Some amount of time Gallagher has been out for. I seen on the OS it says that's 6 weeks now, it feels longer. Most likely because the entertainment value of games involving us is minimal meaning 90 mins can feel like a lifetime.

I never thought I'd say this, but we actually miss him. He was actually coming onto a game prior to his injury.

I'm not sure a midfield duo of Gallagher and J.Thomson is quite what we need. I will, however, admit that he looked much better than last season playing in a consistent role. He's the exact opposite to Stevo if you think about it. Little quality, but plenty of effort, compared with Stevo's mild jog where he occasionally rifles one into the top corner. Given our chronic lack of bodies we could do with him back. I do think he's going to get built up to be some sort of savior McCallum-esque the longer he spends out mind you.

Mental that he was suspended for two games in the Betfred Cup and one in the league, and has been injured forever yet still has featured in a third of our wins this season.*

Spoiler

*It was just 1 game to be fair, but still.

Will Dumbarton break alloa's record for a lowest ever away attendance since we were relegated at ER? They had something like 25 fans last season. Lowest I'd seen before that was about 70 Hamilton fans in an end of season dead rubber where big akpo sodje was on fire and we lost 2-1

1 minute ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Will Dumbarton break alloa's record for a lowest ever away attendance since we were relegated at ER? They had something like 25 fans last season. Lowest I'd seen before that was about 70 Hamilton fans in an end of season dead rubber where big akpo sodje was on fire and we lost 2-1

We do have a bus running, so I'd imagine that would be at least 40. Add in another 20 or so on the train/car, and a few East based Sons and I'd guess we might bring 70 or so.

I'm not sure a midfield duo of Gallagher and J.Thomson is quite what we need. I will, however, admit that he looked much better than last season playing in a consistent role. He's the exact opposite to Stevo if you think about it. Little quality, but plenty of effort, compared with Stevo's mild jog where he occasionally rifles one into the top corner. Given our chronic lack of bodies we could do with him back. I do think he's going to get built up to be some sort of savior McCallum-esque the longer he spends out mind you.
Mental that he was suspended for two games in the Betfred Cup and one in the league, and has been injured forever yet still has featured in a third of our wins this season.*
Spoiler *It was just 1 game to be fair, but still.

I was looking towards him as a replacement for Todd who has been unfortunate to find himself stuck in there for the majority of the season thus far. Whilst he always gives 100% it's clear he's not hugely comfortable in there, nor is Fleming when he's been called upon to cover that slot.

Stevo can get in the sea.

I was looking towards him as a replacement for Todd who has been unfortunate to find himself stuck in there for the majority of the season thus far. Whilst he always gives 100% it's clear he's not hugely comfortable in there, nor is Fleming when he's been called upon to cover that slot.

Stevo can get in the sea.

That's true, it says a lot when (almost half way into the season) we still don't know who our strongest two centre mids are. Joe Thomson would undoubtably be one but, as you say, Todd struggles there, Stevo doesn't have the legs for it, Flembot struggles, Barr is needed at centre-back and Gallagher is injured. Even if he was fit a midfield paring of Gallagher and Thomson just doesn't have the right balance akin to starting Sparky there he would do a solid job defensively, but going forward we would have next to nothing.

Why has it taken me this long to notice our midfield's a mess?

I quite fancy seeing Todd being played in behind Thomson/Fleming. The sort of role we are wedging Stevo into. He's been Gallagher'd around something awful this season, but given the goals he scored for Annan last season moving him further up the park couldn't harm us.

Rumour has it that there will be a few changes today and Cummings coming in will be one of them.

Although I said that Graham and Cummings would be upfront last week and it was Boyle and holt so..

Actually feel quite nervous about this game. Don't know why. An early goal and it could be a comfortable afternoon but the longer it stays at 0-0 the more the crowd will get on their back. Hopefully Martin comes in for Bartley.

Archived