Hibs vs Dumbarton

I actually quite liked the mix of on the deck passing and long balls in our first few games this season. As Zing says, we were far too tippy tappy the last few seasons and it was good to see a bit of both going on, and it working.

The last wee while has been horrendous to watch though. We just look like a club trying to scrape through until a transfer window. If there isn't a sharp improvement in every area next month, I'll not be too happy.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

What a complete cop out of a response. I am well aware that Aitken makes the decisions based on his signings etc.
However,as has been said,this is a fans forum,and is all about opinions.
I just feel that many of the people who criticise here do so with a lot of naïveté ie let's push the full backs forward,play two up front etc.Have you ever played a game of football before?
As Pep Guardiola said yesterday on Football Focus tactics in football are way overrated. It comes down to player quality.We do not have this in abundance,so cut the manager some slack.

:huh:

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I actually quite liked the mix of on the deck passing and long balls in our first few games this season. As Zing says, we were far too tippy tappy the last few seasons and it was good to see a bit of both going on, and it working.

The last wee while has been horrendous to watch though. We just look like a club trying to scrape through until a transfer window. If there isn't a sharp improvement in every area next month, I'll not be too happy.

Who was it we pumped 4-0?  Shinnie scored the first?  Morton maybe?  It's been pretty brutal since then tbh.

What a complete cop out of a response. I am well aware that Aitken makes the decisions based on his signings etc.
I just feel that many of the people who criticise here do so with a lot of naïveté ie let's push the full backs forward,play two up front etc.Have you ever played a game of football before?
As Pep Guardiola said yesterday on Football Focus tactics in football are way overrated. It comes down to player quality.We do not have this in abundance,so cut the manager some slack.

Not sure if you've stuck your fishing rod out but I'll have a nibble.
Agreed some of our players may not be of the required standard but guess what? Who signed them? Yep Stevie Aitken. Who blew this years budget on last year? Yep Stevie Aitken. Who picks the team on a Saturday with 1 dimensional tactics? Yep Stevie Aitken.
The players haven't been immune from blame either. SO8 last year had a personal vandetta against Grant Gallagher. Mark Brown has taken it tight for 2 years. Pettigrew, Stevenson, Thompson, Fleming and more have all came in for criticism this year from various posters on here.
Ok tactics aren't the be all and end all but just chuck 11 players on a pitch with no instruction? Yeah that's gonna go well.....or maybe not!
Have I ever played football? Played it all my life, still play on a Saturday. Also have numerous coaching badges and am coach another team.
Hope this response is acceptable

11 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Not sure if you've stuck your fishing rod out but I'll have a nibble.
Agreed some of our players may not be of the required standard but guess what? Who signed them? Yep Stevie Aitken. Who blew this years budget on last year? Yep Stevie Aitken. Who picks the team on a Saturday with 1 dimensional tactics? Yep Stevie Aitken.
The players haven't been immune from blame either. SO8 last year had a personal vandetta against Grant Gallagher. Mark Brown has taken it tight for 2 years. Pettigrew, Stevenson, Thompson, Fleming and more have all came in for criticism this year from various posters on here.
Ok tactics aren't the be all and end all but just chuck 11 players on a pitch with no instruction? Yeah that's gonna go well.....or maybe not!
Have I ever played football? Played it all my life, still play on a Saturday. Also have numerous coaching badges and am coach another team.
Hope this response is acceptable

Yeah, but what would you actually do? ;)

5 minutes ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

Exactly.What a great politician you would make.
Answer the question.
What would you do to improve things with the current crop of players?

This was a good laugh last night, but I think we're all bored of you asking the same question in 7 of your 9 posts on here in the past 8 years.

*Chief Wiggum voice*

"Take him away, mods"

Answer the question.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] you must be on the wind up. Or have you just escaped for the weekend? Read previous posts and you will see plenty answers to your question!
Your persistence is admirable though

2 hours ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

Didn't you just contradict yourself there?

2 hours ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

I actually have some sympathy for Steve Aitken. Keeping DFC in the championship isn't easy and it is even harder this season. However, one need only look at what Ian Murray succeeded in getting out of a bequeathed set of players and what Brendan Rogers has done with his inherited squad to see that a manager can make a difference.

The irony here is that if we do go down, Steve Aitken would probably be a good guy to hang on to. However if he does keep us up it might be prudent to look elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

When you're in a hole, it's time to stop digging.

3 hours ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

Who signed the players? Do you need to have played fitba to know when and when not to have 2 upfront? 

58 minutes ago, Kenny Ashwood said:

Answer the question.

I quoted you & took the time to reply a page or two back.

Improving "the current crop of players" would need to involve getting rid of some & replacing them with better ones in January.

It (probably) won't happen though

tmp_12331-images(2)1263200105.jpg

Archived