How Old were you when Rangers died?

The fact that it still really hurts even after all the time that has passed is glorious.

I've family members that get close to breakdown levels whenever it's brought up :lol:

**** are precious fuckers. Theyll happily mock every other club but when we mock them they start shaking with rage :lol:

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MikeyWellFan said:

The fact that it still really hurts even after all the time that has passed is glorious.

I've family members that get close to breakdown levels whenever it's brought up :lol:

Why should they get upset? It's the same club after all...

There's a *** I work next to who was in the year below me in school.  The standard looking one as well. Let's just say he's keen on Burger Kings from across the road.

He's the quintessential *** as well.  I began working with him halfway through the greatest ever season this country has ever seen - 2014-15. 

His team were miles behind Hearts, and hilariously finished third. You never heard a peep out of him about football. Not even general chat. 

6 months later when it was apparent they were going to walk the league, you couldn't shut the c**t up. Talking about who they needed to sign to challenge Celtic etc. Even asking how Caley were getting on. Back to normal this season though, very quiet and only pipes up when his team win on the Saturday.

I wonder what occasion resulted in more celebratory pint sales... The death of Rangers or the death of Maggie Thatcher?

Both have a claim to have done the most damage to Scotlands society, but which was most pleasing?

Tough one, but I think the death of Glasgow Rangers wins it for me.

The seethe its caused **** is to be admired, looking forward to it happening again.

38 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Personal favourite part of Glasgow Rangers (RIP) liquidation was the shouts of armageddon.

Still waiting for that to happen...

Hahaha. The way the whole media tried to scare the whole of Scottish football with that was fucking disgusting. Hilarious how it turned out though, all it did was rally the fans of every other club to stand up for what was right and block the new club waltzing right back in.

Everyone in the media who peddled that myth to try and frighten the other clubs shouldn't even be allowed to comment on Scottish football. Whole thing was sinister as f**k  

I still find it incredible that given some of what Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster said during this period, and what the reality has been since the death of rangers, that both remain in prominent positions in our national game.

8 hours ago, Asap said:

Hahaha. The way the whole media tried to scare the whole of Scottish football with that was fucking disgusting. Hilarious how it turned out though, all it did was rally the fans of every other club to stand up for what was right and block the new club waltzing right back in.

Everyone in the media who peddled that myth to try and frighten the other clubs shouldn't even be allowed to comment on Scottish football. Whole thing was sinister as f**k  

It wasn't only the media spouting that pish. Our chairman came to our AGM that year with direct information from SFL HQ that armageddon was imminent if we didn't vote to admit the Newco into the highest league possible. 

Sinister is probably the correct term right enough. 

Archived