How Old were you when Rangers died?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chris_DK said:

I remember when they went into administration - I was sitting in a pub in Ukraine with the worst hangover I've ever had but reading the updates on here soon perked me up. 

There was a sequence of .gifs posted on the big Rangers Administration thread that had me in stitches. What an excellent day to be alive.

15 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Teams entering a league for the first time usually have higher attendances at new clubs they've never faced before. It's a novelty factor. It goes both ways, come to think of it.

You have evidence to back that up or how much can I guarantee you that the majority of clubs highest attendance in any season pre 2012 probably involved a game against us or Celtic ?

16 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You have evidence to back that up or how much can I guarantee you that the majority of clubs highest attendance in any season pre 2012 probably involved a game against us or Celtic ?

Aside from the fact that the concept of relativity is somewhat lost on you, bitchslapping the uninitiated about attendances is HibeeJibee's job.

In any case, my point is backed up by Rangers' away attendances during The Journey. Lots of new teams to play, so lots of fans go. Presumably if you were to compare attendances of all those seasons you'd see drops as the seasons went on and as you played the same teams multiple times. See for instance Queen's Park away, with 30k the first time and 11k the next.

28 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Our highest attendance of 2008/09 was against Ayr 11563, highest otherwise was  10,153.  Just saying

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Aside from the fact that the concept of relativity is somewhat lost on you, bitchslapping the uninitiated about attendances is HibeeJibee's job.

In any case, my point is backed up by Rangers' away attendances during The Journey. Lots of new teams to play, so lots of fans go. Presumably if you were to compare attendances of all those seasons you'd see drops as the seasons went on and as you played the same teams multiple times. See for instance Queen's Park away, with 30k the first time and 11k the next.

Hibeejibbee has been known to just make shit up before....

21 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Our highest attendance of 2008/09 was against Ayr 11563, highest otherwise was  10,153.  Just saying

As one would expect from a local derby which happens rarely these days , take that fixture away and I can guarantee your highest attendance came against us or them 

19, it was beautiful.

It still winds them up so much as well, at work I was getting slagged rotten from a bunch of **** for being a Saints man. Simply responding with "You let your club die" had one of them just about twitching with rage before finally spluttering "Remember you're still on your probationary period". Calm down [emoji23]

thirties.

Craig Whyte should be knighted for services to hilarity. I know they were doomed by the time he turned up but he finished them off with a blaze of hubris and delusion.

I fear that the next death will be slow and lingering. i predict that it will be less laugh out loud funny, but just as satisfying.

one win and they're back to unbearable again. Die you fuckers.

54 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Want a fucking medal?

There's fucking thousands of creatures/orcs in our country unfortunately. We all know.

You seem to have a bee in yer bonnet these days lhictie , it's me that's meant to be raging with my team dying and all that remember 

19, it was beautiful.

It still winds them up so much as well, at work I was getting slagged rotten from a bunch of **** for being a Saints man. Simply responding with "You let your club die" had one of them just about twitching with rage before finally spluttering "Remember you're still on your probationary period". Calm down [emoji23]

The fact that it still really hurts even after all the time that has passed is glorious.

I've family members that get close to breakdown levels whenever it's brought up :lol:

Archived