Dunfermline Missed Pen v Greenock Morton

As bad as our defending has been this season, if we have to play a back four of Duthie, Ashcroft, Fordyce and Talbot then all kinds of hilarity is going to ensue. May as well stick Hutton in goals for shits and giggles.

Higginbotham to get a hat-trick to make up for last week.

3-4 Morton.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the enforced changes I'm a wee bit less pess

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Going further back, this one is good for the total heads gone of someone near the Sportscene camera, just after our penalty is awarded.

1.45 - Ian McCall looking a bit sportier than he does these days. 

I always know it's Thursday as I'm confident of a win. Anyone with a bit of common sense and access to a form guide would see we will certainly get pumped. There must be something in the healing process that five days on from the previous week's shambles the gloom starts to lift. 

We've only conceded one goal from open play in the last four games. Stuff like this starts to get me thinking "wha's like us?", forgetting facts like our midfield got bossed by Buckie, never mind Championship teams and that it's 16 months since we beat any full-time side other than St Mirren. And that Morton always pump us. 

I remember back in the glorious overspending SPL days when we'd lose to quality sides such as Hearts and Aberdeen. In the last few years we've lost to complete no marks like Brechin City, Greenock Morton and East Fife. Bring back Masterton/Yorkston/Calderwood.

Even more tragic than your usual efforts. Simply a terrible poster.

3 hours ago, mikedafc said:

Hoping for a decent ref rather than one who guesses on a penalty decision with 6 players blocking his view like last week

It's Stephen Finnie. The one who stopped play to book a Cowdenbeath player for dissent when we were on a promising break. The one who sent two managers and an assistant to the stand. The one who couldn't remember how the play had ended and gave Cowdenbeath a goal kick when it was a Pars throw. Sorry.

22 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I remember back in the glorious overspending SPL days when we'd lose to quality sides such as Hearts and Aberdeen. 

Ach don't worry. They'd all still beat you, but look at the sheer variety of defeats you get to enjoy these days.

I liked it late in Potter's reign when we played a rearranged midweek game against Brechin. It was a chance to show our full time superiority against the under-strength part timers. We got bossed all over the park and held on for a point. 

22 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Andrew Barrowman. The best victory Morton have had over Dunfermline was getting Forbinho for that fucking diddy.

I should have accepted Duffy was a genius as soon as he engineered that swap deal.

The swap may have helped Morton but it made zero difference to us. One waste of space out, one in. I don't think it mattered who we signed. Potter's tactic of playing everyone at right back or central midfield just wouldn't work. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Was that the game where Josh scored in the first minute? We were hopeless. Barrowman up front, oh dear. Hopkirk came on did well but Brechin should have won. Never been so cold either.

It showed what a good coach McKinnon is. We were chasing shadows against a better drilled, fitter team.

Archived