Dunfermline Missed Pen v Greenock Morton

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Penalty-Kick-in-Soccer-(Football) 

Pars have been unlucky so far this season. Unlucky we forgot to sign a midfield. Unlucky we can't score the inordinate amount of penalties we're awarded. Unlucky getting lots of red cards. Unlucky we can't play St Mirren every week. 

At least more recently we're not shipping lots of soft goals and we are at least creating (and missing) chances. There were games earlier in the season where we didn't threaten at all. 

We'll probably have the usual chaotic self destruction but who knows? This might just be the game where we get lucky, take our chances and don't pick up injuries and red cards. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

Five wins on the bounce for Morton against the Pars. Should be a good game and win number six for the 'Ton, but only just.

Major selection headache for Duffy this week. Who do we leave out?

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Gunning Russell

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Nesbitt

Oliver Quitongo

That midfield has done really well for the past couple of months. Despite Tidser doing well on Saturday we should stick to what we've been doing in the league. I'd have Doyle in for McDonagh due to Doyle coping better at defending but I wouldn't be too bothered if McDonagh started. Looking forward to it. I've never seen us lose away to Dunfermline in the 6/7 times I've been there :ph34r:

Defo need to go with same team as we have been as seems  getting us 3 points on the board.

Only concern now is that we won't have enough depth in squad in January to play postponed games + cup games + compete for playoffs.

Really hope we can keep Jai and Gunning in Jan and add a striker to the squad. 

12 minutes ago, thetonfan said:

Defo need to go with same team as we have been as seems  getting us 3 points on the board.

Only concern now is that we won't have enough depth in squad in January to play postponed games + cup games + compete for playoffs.

Really hope we can keep Jai and Gunning in Jan and add a striker to the squad. 

The squad has cover for all areas apart from up front. If either Quitongo or Oliver get an injury we are very lightweight going forward. Duffy needs to bring in at least one more striker in January or 2 if we lose Quitongo. 

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Gaston

Doyle O'Ware Gunning Russell

Forbes Murdoch Lindsay Nesbitt

Oliver Quitongo

That midfield has done really well for the past couple of months. Despite Tidser doing well on Saturday we should stick to what we've been doing in the league. I'd have Doyle in for McDonagh due to Doyle coping better at defending but I wouldn't be too bothered if McDonagh started. Looking forward to it. I've never seen us lose away to Dunfermline in the 6/7 times I've been there :ph34r:

I would go with that team as well.

Duffy might decide to keep Lamie at Left back and Russell at Left mid though. Either way it doesn't really strengthen or weaken us as both options have performed well recently.

Bench of;

McNeil. Kilday, Lamie, Tidser, McDonaugh, Kudus and Scullion.

Difficult game but we look very good right now. Strong at the back, good movement and pace throughout and on a great run. 

1-2. Be good to see Jai back on the score sheet. Not scored in 6.

Probably the game we least wanted, as at least a game against a local rival or the big two at the top would see a bit of realism from the fans and a bit of spirit from all concerned but Morton despite their solid nature and great season so far aren't a "name" so the harder of thinking Pars fans will be expecting a home win. This despite us missing two centre backs, two right backs, not scoring penalties when they're given and shipping stupid chances and goals at the back. This should be a routine win for Morton. So 2-1 Pars.

22 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

. This should be a routine win for Morton. So 2-1 Pars.

I'm strangely confident for this one. Not because we're a great team but just because our games are so mental that we'll fluke a win at some point. 

33 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Probably the game we least wanted, as at least a game against a local rival or the big two at the top would see a bit of realism from the fans and a bit of spirit from all concerned but Morton despite their solid nature and great season so far aren't a "name" so the harder of thinking Pars fans will be expecting a home win. This despite us missing two centre backs, two right backs, not scoring penalties when they're given and shipping stupid chances and goals at the back. This should be a routine win for Morton. So 2-1 Pars.

Think you can say that most teams in this league will be expecting to win their home games against everyone apart from maybe the top 2.

Away wins certainly seem harder to come by in this league.

30 home wins

21 away wins.( Hibs make up 5 of them)

Think Oliver is good but not the finished article and Jai seems to be getting better everyweek so if he was to go feel this would be a massive blow.

We do have defensive cover but not the quality or experience that Gunning brings - he has improved the whole team with his leadership qualities and experience,

Would just love if we kept both of them as feel we would be in for real shout of playoffs - whats is story with Gunning? has he rejected deal? when is jai contract out? 

Its Morton so you are never ultra confident against any other championship team but since we beat Dunfermline at Cappielow, we lost the next game at Tannadice and are unbeaten in the league since - 5 wins two draws (away to Falkirk and home to United).   15 scored, 5 conceded.  We have more or less a full squad to pick from.   We have won our last five meetings with Dunfermline. Goals are Morton 12, Dunfermline 3

Its all set up for a Dunfermline victory!

I'm filing this under "might sneak a win or get absolutely pumped."

I feel like a defeat - more or less regardless of the score, performance and circumstances - bring us to a 'back to square one' mentality after a few weeks of relatively more positive performances. Like Shandon says, we're creating more chances and conceding less goals. Hopefully that can carry on, despite Morton's good form.

Martin being suspended creates a bit of a dilemma. What's the story with Williamson? I take it he's just been left out and not injured?

Think Oliver is good but not the finished article and Jai seems to be getting better everyweek so if he was to go feel this would be a massive blow.

We do have defensive cover but not the quality or experience that Gunning brings - he has improved the whole team with his leadership qualities and experience,

Would just love if we kept both of them as feel we would be in for real shout of playoffs - whats is story with Gunning? has he rejected deal? when is jai contract out? 

I asked Gunning on Saturday if he was signig on and he replied "Aye" , but i guess we'll just have to wait and see

3 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

I asked Gunning on Saturday if he was signig on and he replied "Aye" , but i guess we'll just have to wait and see

I'm normally against benefit fraud but I'll make an exception for big game Gav.

3 hours ago, Cowshed118 said:

Be magic if he stayed - only lost one game since he came - by far the best centre half in league. Should be pulling out all the stops to keep him.

jai also by far the best striker I reckon.

Here's hoping we can do the business sat and get closer to hibs and Utd! 

Archived